PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the iDT CCWS game?

mikiec
25th February 2008, 15:48
With the end of the CCWS and the DP01 chassis, will this game ever see the light of day? Or will it be released as an rFactor mod, much like their Toyota Atlantics and Champ Car 2006 mods?

BobGarage
25th February 2008, 16:13
i suspect the latter.

you could always pm dougrun over at ccf who is the iDT developer for the game.

bblocker68
25th February 2008, 16:19
I've tested with them forever.

It should see the light of day, now that CC is no more. No one left to really say not to put it out to the public. I'm sure Pierre will wait for the storm to blow over first. We have a few other things in the works too. Namely, the Indycar 95 mod, Mazda Atlantics, GrandAm06 w/Team Players and and old mod that is being brought back from the dead. It's the "Open Wheel Olympics" or something like that.

BTW, the Panoz is beautiful!! It drives like the Lola, but has more grip and less weight(like it should). It's a true pleasure to drive. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the paints are done for 2007. Not sure if we'll do anything for 2008 yet.

They will all be mods, not standalone games.

Champcar will never die in our hearts and we'll do what we can to preserve it's memory. You can find a select few racing at Indy (ironically) during the week. I'm in a league on Wednesday's http://www.mnrlonline.com that uses the Lola's. Last race had 34 drivers and we just started pulling guys from the waiting list.

jwhite9185
26th February 2008, 12:47
Saw pics of the iDT Panoz at rfactor central - looks pretty sweet. I was going to start another championship in the Lola but i might hold on till i can race the Panoz now - providing its not going to be a 6 month wait!! Also, any word on any tracks being released? I understand San Jose was made but iDT dont own it or something?