PDA

View Full Version : You know you're being stressed out when...

Erki
25th February 2008, 08:57
When one day you start scratching yourself on your back, thinking that some bug had bitten you. Then your whole back itches and is full of red-ish dots and patches. And then our legs and arms, and a bit of chest and stomach too. Weird. :s And phucking itchy. :angryfire :
Then you go to sleep, but can't get to sleep very well because you itch like hell. :s And then when the itching goes away, it feels like some ghost is trying to break your ribs and collar bones. :s Then you wake up, get ready to go to work, put on your jackets and boots and stuff, then look at the clock and see that it's just 1.30am. And then you think "WTF Three more hours of relative torture?!". Grrr.

Considering 1) quitting my job, and 2) going to doctor. Just considering the latter of course, being a guy. :p

PuddleJumper
25th February 2008, 13:39
Try taking an anantihistamine tablet before bed, the sort that makes you drowsey. This will not only reduce the itchiness, but help you sleep better too.

Would definitely suggest seeing a doctor though. You may have a mild form of eczema, which, as I know all too well, can be made worse when you're stressed. And the itchiness and sleepless nights just add to the hassles and make things worse.

Of course if may be something else entirely. :p :

Drew
25th February 2008, 13:43
Wash your bed sheets ;)

Mark
25th February 2008, 13:48
You get up at 4.30am? There's your problem :p

MrJan
25th February 2008, 13:58
Alochol is the best cure. Just get leathered at around about 7, pass out around 9, throw up about 12-ish, get some more sleep and wake up feeling perky in time for work.

Erki
25th February 2008, 14:40
Alochol is the best cure. Just get leathered at around about 7, pass out around 9, throw up about 12-ish, get some more sleep and wake up feeling perky in time for work.

I'd go for it, but there's that little thing that I have to be 100% sober while at work - I'm a delivery driver.

Just a few hours ago I had a little nap and also had a dream. Work-related, of course. :\ Saw that I had forgot to deliver some stuff and had to go back - or something like that, I don't know... woke up totally confused, thinking whether everything was okay or not. :p

Btw if I'm lying in bed or just loafing like I'm doing right now, it almost doesn't itch at all, and the redness is gone too. When I go up and walk around, first thing is that my legs start to itch again. :s

Erki
25th February 2008, 14:42
You get up at 4.30am? There's your problem :p

Yeah. Most people who would get up and go to work at that time would probably have problems with sleeping in and being late. I am the total opposite.

Azumanga Davo
25th February 2008, 14:49
Just a few hours ago I had a little nap and also had a dream. Work-related, of course. :\ Saw that I had forgot to deliver some stuff and had to go back - or something like that, I don't know... woke up totally confused, thinking whether everything was okay or not. :p

This is what I have been experiencing more and more of recently. In between the last two day meet at the motorplex, having crewed for a dragster team the first night, and gone to bed after 14 hours away with the car doing various things, I had a rather disturbed night's sleep where it felt like I was still there, doing more of those things, but waking up every now and again as well.

Dare say I wasn't feeling too great on the 14 hour day after the day before, with even more of the same. :p : But plenty practice of what I had to do then. ;)

And hooray, another two day event coming up this weekend, I only just got over the last one a month ago. :D

leopard
26th February 2008, 04:05
Ensure that you take a bath/shower at least twice daily. :)

If it didn't help try sulphuric dissolved water, but it wouldn't help as much as submerging for some period of time into natural sulphuric spring water. (if any ;) )

MrJan
26th February 2008, 13:25
I'd go for it, but there's that little thing that I have to be 100% sober while at work - I'm a delivery driver.

But with my simple scheme you throw up a lot of the alcohol and don't have a drink after 9 so should be fine to drive :D

fandango
27th February 2008, 00:11
Bach flowers - Rescue Remedy. Take four drops under your tongue for panic moments, but for general stress take the four drops in a bottle of water (which you drink over time). I find it's great. Don't know about the itchiness, though....

jso1985
27th February 2008, 01:54
Btw if I'm lying in bed or just loafing like I'm doing right now, it almost doesn't itch at all, and the redness is gone too. When I go up and walk around, first thing is that my legs start to itch again. :s

Then it has to be stress. technically you're getting allergic to work...
An antihistaminic could work well, if not, go to a doctor

Garry Walker
29th February 2008, 15:09
When one day you start scratching yourself on your back, thinking that some bug had bitten you. Then your whole back itches and is full of red-ish dots and patches. And then our legs and arms, and a bit of chest and stomach too. Weird. :s And phucking itchy. :angryfire :
Then you go to sleep, but can't get to sleep very well because you itch like hell. :s And then when the itching goes away, it feels like some ghost is trying to break your ribs and collar bones. :s Then you wake up, get ready to go to work, put on your jackets and boots and stuff, then look at the clock and see that it's just 1.30am. And then you think "WTF Three more hours of relative torture?!". Grrr.

I know my way might be a risky approach, but have you considered taking a shower? :p

Great approach, it is obvious you are a very productive member of the society.

MrJan
29th February 2008, 15:27
Great approach, it is obvious you are a very productive member of the society.

Hell yes :up:

Erki
6th March 2008, 18:09
Bach flowers - Rescue Remedy. Take four drops under your tongue for panic moments, but for general stress take the four drops in a bottle of water (which you drink over time). I find it's great. Don't know about the itchiness, though....

Where can I get that stuff, though? Drug stores? How do I ask them? "Please give me some back flowers?" Might be worth a try though. I've heard about such thing before too and wanted to give it a try.

Then it has to be stress. technically you're getting allergic to work...
An antihistaminic could work well, if not, go to a doctor

Well, at the end of the day(actually week), it went away on its own. Allergic to work... and it's two more months left. Yeehaa.

I know my way might be a risky approach, but have you considered taking a shower? :p

That was the first thing I did when I found out my condition. I just love living my life on the edge. :up: :s mokin:

Breeze
6th March 2008, 21:01
Sounds like a case of stress induced hives to me. Sorry, though, can't show you my shingle as it doesn't have either an M or a D on it anywhere. :)

Antihistamine an hour or so before bedtime should work.

Rollo
6th March 2008, 21:34
Has our friend Erki had Chicken Pox yet? I didn't get it until I was 21 and even then it bloody well happened whilst I was on annual leave. Grrr.

Rudy Tamasz
7th March 2008, 07:38
Don't go for alcohol, it's a short term solution but another long term problem. If you have a problem sleeping, try motherwort (Leonurus in Latin). It should be available in most drugstores.

BTW is delivery driver's job so stressful? I'd say sitting in an office and trying to satisfy your boss and angry customers is a bit tougher.

Erki
7th March 2008, 08:45
Has our friend Erki had Chicken Pox yet? I didn't get it until I was 21 and even then it bloody well happened whilst I was on annual leave. Grrr.

I had my chicken pox when I was 12.

Sounds like a case of stress induced hives to me. Sorry, though, can't show you my shingle as it doesn't have either an M or a D on it anywhere. :)

Antihistamine an hour or so before bedtime should work.

Checked wikipedia. Looks like it was hives or what it was. :)

BTW is delivery driver's job so stressful? I'd say sitting in an office and trying to satisfy your boss and angry customers is a bit tougher.

Sometimes it is. The weird thing is, it had been already a week without a trouble. Already wondered "wtf, this is too good". :p And then next day I have to drive over 100k's with no brakes. That wasn't too stressful, though.

But anyway, it went away a week ago already. Thanks for everyone's concerns. :)

Spoonbender
7th March 2008, 10:41
Go to the Doctor, just the fact of knowing what it is will help. The fact that you are worrying about the itching is just making it worse. When you bathe use soap and shampoo with no additives such as perfume etc.. In this country the range of products is called "Simple" My youngest son suffers with dry skin, using that soap certainly helped, but seriously, go to the Doctor and put your mind at rest.