PDA

View Full Version : Rd 1 2008 V8 SUPERCARS PRO-SIM SERIES

Peter Vuko
25th February 2008, 05:43
Well it's time to get serious folks...the only Pro-Sim series on the forum is about to begin....this is for serious drivers only...the best of the best.....

Rd 1 takes us to the streets of ADELAIDE.....there will be two races..one sprint race of 3 laps...& a longer race of 12 laps...here are the details:

RACE 1:
* 3 laps * Pro-Sim ON * A.I. Hard * Qualifying & Race done in FREE RACE mode * Careless Driving & Cutting Corners OFF * Free Set Ups * Pitting Optional.
RACE 2:
* 12 laps....same settings as above.

TIMES: pm your best Qualifying time & O/T for both races by next Monday night 3rd March........we won't be using the Codies Hall of Fame for this series.......during the week you may talk about your qualifying times without giving an exact time..eg...I'm in the 1m.26's....to give people an idea of what to shoot for....sharing of set ups is to be encouraged...we want close racing..the more competetive everyone is..the more interesting series we will have.
* Could people re confirm their entries please... NAME... CAR...TEAM..
Gentlemen START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!

dcr22B
25th February 2008, 17:46
Gents,

Think I might be back in business. Though I may have to use the pad for the 1st round, I'll hope to have a time submitted :-)

johnny shell
25th February 2008, 20:34
I'm in the 1m.26's

hey, I'm in the 1:26s too! but Barely (with a capitol B you'll notice). and, in TT mode, which tends to be slightly quicker than free race mode I beleive.

Peter Vuko
25th February 2008, 21:17
ENTRIES...so far
#1..... Vuko Snr....Team Betta Electrical....... FORD
#8......Piotr B.....Holden Racing......HOLDEN
#666.. R_Illusions..Mobile Chicane Racing.....FORD/Apache helicopter gunship
#888.. dcr22B.....Team Vodafone......FORD
#??.... CC Fanatic...Team?????.......HOLDEN
#82... J.Shell........Kentucky Fried Racing........FORD
#15....Vuko Jnr....Toll Racing.....HOLDEN

7 entries so far....we need more...where are the so called "top drivers" BobZee & Muz....no sign of Sloma...I think the Pro-Sim has scared some of these guys!!! Take the challenge........In the real race last weekend Ford won at Adelaide...they were doing 1m.23-1m.25's...very similar to the times we will be doing in Pro-Sim!

real_illusions
25th February 2008, 22:12
Done my races. The 2nd race, my times were well off the times from practise and race 1. Also felt 12 laps was probably 3 or 4 laps more than what was needed. But that maybe because i haven't done a long race on trd3 for a while. Although tyre wear and pit stops would of been an issue if the race was about 15 laps or so.

The last turn is tricky with putting the power down..you can get some good power slides going on some of these corners in pro-sim :)

Also, ran my car with an RIP message to Ashley Cooper who died in Adelaide today.

johnny shell
26th February 2008, 12:46
knocked a second off my best TT lap... busted into the laps the 'real' cars were turning...

wow, yeah, 12 laps. did you win the race RI? lap anyone?

oh yeah, last I read Sloma had taken TRD3 off his computer to make room for something else.

real_illusions
26th February 2008, 20:56
yeah..won the races easy. Although i didn't lap anyone..

:)

RobZee
27th February 2008, 19:02
ENTRIES...so far
#1..... Vuko Snr....Team Betta Electrical....... FORD
#8......Piotr B.....Holden Racing......HOLDEN
#666.. R_Illusions..Mobile Chicane Racing.....FORD/Apache helicopter gunship
#888.. dcr22B.....Team Vodafone......FORD
#??.... CC Fanatic...Team?????.......HOLDEN
#82... J.Shell........Kentucky Fried Racing........FORD
#15....Vuko Jnr....Toll Racing.....HOLDEN
#111...BobZee....Glenfords Racing.....FORD

Peter Vuko
27th February 2008, 21:06
Good to see you take up the challenge BobZee.....now where is that Muz??? The Vuko Snr Ford is starting to hit its straps...getting into the 23's in practice.......a question..do you prefer qualifying as we have it now or should we go back to posting qualifying on the thread with deadline a day marking the end of qualifying...the latter made for more chat!

johnny shell
27th February 2008, 21:47
I like posting Q times too. maybe the Q deadline could be the same as the race dead line, just to help those with time constraints..

wilson_fan
29th February 2008, 11:39
i'm interested in joining this.i've just joined the forum.do we need to post photos of our times or is this a trust thing?i've done abit of prosim racing inthe carreer mode.i'll be using the #45 Max Wilson LonghurstRacing Holden.

johnny shell
29th February 2008, 11:51
no photos needed. all you have to do is run your races then send your television & game console to Peter for time verification.

he'll return it in time for the next race unless he has to go to new zeland for something.

Peter Vuko
29th February 2008, 21:22
Welcome wilson_fan...good to have someone new on board...no need for photos...series is based on trust.....you pm me your times...good luck!

EAO WORM
2nd March 2008, 23:28
Hiya all, came across your site whilst looking to see if anyone had done car skins for the 2008 V8 series. Nice site and good to see you doing pro-sim V8's. We at EAO along with ES3S run champs in the V8's (online pc) and would welcome any of you to join us. We are just about to start another 1 on 1 knockout series with slower drivers getting a handicap start, check it out at http://www.es3s.com or http://www.eaoutlaws.com
We also run a 50 lap race at the same track on the same weekend the real V8 series does so that means 50 laps at eastern creek this weekend.
PS: As a guide we qualify in the 1.21's at Adelaide and do 1.22's in a 5 lap race.
Cheers
WORM

johnny shell
3rd March 2008, 02:05
1:21's here? wowsa

request extension until monday night eastern US time please sir

Peter Vuko
3rd March 2008, 05:20
Sounds good EAO Worm.... but most of us use Playstation 2 or X Box so we can't join..thanks for the info!
EXTENSION until Tuesday evening Aussie time granted to everyone...no times in as yet...I might have to rethink having two races next Rd....

EAO WORM
3rd March 2008, 12:25
No probs, all my setups are available at the outlaws site.

PiotrB
3rd March 2008, 17:50
I don't have much time to test different setups so I'm not happy with my times. Hopefully I can do better when I improve my setup. I must check outlaws site for setups. Thanks EAO WORM for records and setups. At least we know where we are.

I find that car is much faster in Time Trial mode than in Free Race.

johnny shell
3rd March 2008, 17:58
Here's my set up. if anyone see's anything drasticly wrong with it just PM me :D thanks in advance :D :up:

..........front...... rear
downforce .50 1.00
gear .22 .32 .42 .52 .62 .72
roll bar .35 1.0
tires .02 50/50 profile
brake bias 70 30
susp.softness .2 .05
damper .2 .05
ride hight .02 .02
toe +2.0 +.2
camber +10. +5

Peter Vuko
3rd March 2008, 21:08
Times due tonight guys...I have 4 times so far...Piotr, real_ill, Vuko jnr , Vuko Snr....very close...only a few seconds in it at the moment...keep the times coming in!!

johnny shell
4th March 2008, 02:30
wow. way slower in race mode!

couldn't even touch my qualifying time

I think my arch rival R_I & me are going to have us a good battle!

johnny shell
4th March 2008, 14:59
so where's the next round?

i'm loving driving these cars!

oh yeah - also... I'm guessing "two wheels on the track" meant that I shouldn't totally disregard those curbs that are on the exits of most the 90 degree turns, eh?

it was easy to just hop over them & give yourself a much wider line to exit on but I figured that wasn't cool... so I only did it a couple time. on accident.

Peter Vuko
4th March 2008, 22:50
V8 Pro-Sim Series Rd1 Results:

Six drivers turned up for the 1st Rd of the V8 Pro-Sim Series...3 Holdens & 3 Fords. Two races were scheduled..a 3 lap sprint & a 12 lap longer race.

RACE 1: Qualifying
1.Wilson_fan...(H)...1m.22.70s
2.Vuko Jnr...(H)......1m.22.97s
3.Vuko Snr...(F)......1m.23.12s
4.PiotrB.....(H)........1m.23.40s
5.J,Shell...(F).........1m.24.82s
6.real_ill....(F).........1m.25.77s
A great debut by Wilson_fan taking pole Race 1.

Race 1 (3 laps)
1.Vuko Snr(F)......4m.18.50...10pts
2.Wilson_fan(H)...4m.19.02.....8pts
3.Vuko Jnr(H)......4m.19.46.....7pts
4.PiotrB(H)..........4m.20.18.....6pts
5.real_ill(F)..........4m.28.82.....5pts
6.J.Shell(F)..........4m.33.40.....4pts
F/L:...Vuko Snr..1m.23.78s

RACE 2: Qualifying:
1.Vuko Snr(F)......1m.22.35s
2.Vuko Jnr(H).......1m.22.72s
3.Wilson_fan(H)....1m.22.95s
4.PiotrB(H)...........1m.23.37s
5.J.Shell(F)..........1m.24.82s
6.real_ill(F)..........1m.27.10s
A scorching lap to take pole by Vuko Snr.

Race 2 (12 laps)
1.PiotrB(H)........17m.13.80....10pts
2.Vuko Snr(F)....17m.15.06.....8pts
3.Wilson_fan(H)..17m.18.25.....7pts
4.Vuko Jnr(H).....17m.21.02.....6pts
5.real_ill(F)........17m.42.70.....5pts
6.J.Shell(F)........18m.06.14.....4pts
F/L...Vuko Snr...1m.24.28s

Series Standings after Rd1:
1.Vuko Snr....18pts
2.PiotrB........16pts
3.Wilson_fan..15pts
4.Vuko Jnr.....13pts
5.real_ill........10pts
6.J.Shell.........8pts

An excellent first Rd guys...a great debut by Wilson_fan....a great Rd win to the current V8 champ Vuko Snr in his first outing in the Ford....it's very competetive...look how close the first race was!!! A QUESTION...do we want two races per Rd...one a sprint of 2-4 laps & one a little longer of 5-10 laps..or do we want just a single race each Rd from 3- 10 laps...comments please!!!

johnny shell
5th March 2008, 02:16
ut oh

me got some catching up to do I see!

nice run R_I... you finished on the podium at the last DTM race of the year too, didn't you? you a man on the move!

wilson_fan
5th March 2008, 07:23
Thats not a bad start. Nice to take pole position for the first race. There are some fast racers here it should be a good close comp. Where is the next event? Do we follow the V8 calender? If we do its eastern ck next round. I like the 2 races, maybe the 12 laps was a bit long but 5-10 laps for the 2nd race would be good.

Peter Vuko
5th March 2008, 10:02
Very happy with the Rd win....I made a couple of last minute suspension changes on the Ford & was able to that 1m.22.35s shootout lap...it sure felt good...that's what I like about Pro-sim..it feels good when you get it right! This could develop into a very interesting series..we had two different pole sitters & two different winners...a great first up appearance by wilson_fan..he could be one to watch...I think PiotrB will get faster..thats a worry!! A great battle is looming between Shell & Real_ill. In terms of the races....I would still like to see two races at most Rds....but I would make the 2nd race around 10mins not the 17mins from this Rd. The next Rd will be at Eastern Ck...details will go up on Monday...the real V8's race this weekend at Eastern Ck..will be interesting to see their times...the fastest time at Adelaide in the real series last week was a 1m.22.3.... the same time as my best qualifying time!! Where possible we follow some of the Rds/tracks where the real series goes to...in between we will fit in the International tracks....what a shame we have not got more drivers...but I'm sure we will get the odd visit from some of the old brigade like dcr22B, BobZee & Muz. Anyone heard from CC Fanatic..he was so keen on this series..I pm'd him..but no reply!

real_illusions
5th March 2008, 11:14
nice run R_I... you finished on the podium at the last DTM race of the year too, didn't you? you a man on the move!

I have finished a few times on the podium in the DTM ;)

Looks like we're on for a good old battle throughout the season.

Shame theres no other drivers, hopefully we'll get some more.

As for 2 races, i think we should have a mixture. Some rounds have 2 races (2nd race hopefully shorter than this one) and some rounds have 1, maybe even throw in a 3 race one (3 short sprints) somewhere along the line, like barbagello (if we go there) or sandown, or another short track.

:)

johnny shell
5th March 2008, 12:58
I don't mind the longer races like the 12 laps here... but if it's a long race then one will do...

I think I need to spend more practice time in race mode... the car feels completely different than it did in TT mode. I think the fuel was one difference..... plus I guess in pro-sim you need to have a different set-up for the harder tires we need for a race.

don't worry Real Ill... I'll regroup and give you a better run next round :burnout:

dcr22B
5th March 2008, 22:44
Apologies for my no show at Adelaide, I had Race One done in about 4m40 with no real practice but just couldn't find time to do Race Two. Will try to get back in the driver's seat ASAP.

New puppy taking up a lot of my time unfortunately!