PDA

View Full Version : A joke?

lanark
23rd February 2008, 23:21
So right now it appears that the Atlantics Champion Raphael Matos (after giving Champ Car his middle finger) will be driving in the Indy Car support series, while runner up Franck Perera will be driving in the unified main series with Conquest.
Does any one else find this humorous?

robbin' shiller
23rd February 2008, 23:32
So right now it appears that the Atlantics Champion Raphael Matos (after giving Champ Car his middle finger) will be driving in the Indy Car support series, while runner up Franck Perera will be driving in the unified main series with Conquest.
Does any one else find this humorous?

Hmmm. Ironic, but not humorous. Pause to consider that pursuing a driving career in AOW is a real challenge these days, and that Matos did what he considered best.

Given how things turned out, I guess he should be congratulated for having the foresight to move to the IRL. Matos is a talented driver, and I expect that it won't be too long before he advances.

Or you can chalk it up as another casualty of the 'war'.

994ever
23rd February 2008, 23:42
That is far less humorous than the fact that about half of the IRL's top rides are filled with talent-free folks (Danica, Mutoh, Lloyd, Briscoe).

jensen541
23rd February 2008, 23:53
Just a logical outocome. When Matos started negotiating, nobody knew about the reunification possibilities. Matos tried to keep 1 Mio out of the 2 that were offered to him for a CCWS drive. He was sent to hell by the CCWS as it was not really the target of the deal. So he went IPS with no money, but no doubt some people will remember this kind of of unfair move. And now that reunification happend, Perera got the job in the high league. Such a shame ! I have no no pitty for someone who does not respect the rules.

Jimmy Magnusson
24th February 2008, 01:15
That is far less humorous than the fact that about half of the IRL's top rides are filled with talent-free folks (Danica, Mutoh, Lloyd, Briscoe).

I wonder how you came to that conclusion. Lloyd dominated the IPS last year, and while the others are not the world's greatest racecar drivers they are far, far from talent-free.

Chris R
24th February 2008, 02:58

it is not THAT bad - Briscoe did very well in ALMS last year - he needed some seasoning and Penske would not give him a ride if he was that bad.... Danica has at least as much talent as Tristan Gommendy. I cannot speak for he other two....

The bulk of every series is made up of "also rans" - these drivers who have enough talent not to be really dangerous but not enough to be real winners.....

ChaimWitz
24th February 2008, 03:20

Just wondering my dear 944ever, are you a dreiver yourself or a team manager? Hove have you determined that the drivers mentioned are "talent-free"? Are you still using the now obsolete the ****wagon.com TG hater couch potato talent meter?