PDA

View Full Version : Missing members

CarlMetro
14th January 2007, 01:33
I thought I'd start this thread so people can post details of missing members, people who have been regulars who seem to have found a way out of the forum.

First two that spring to my mind are Mp3 Astra and I Met Meatloaf. Both of whom have been regular posters on here in recent times, although IMML not as much as she used to, but both have disappeared ;(

If anyone knows of there whereabouts can they at least let us all know that they are safe.

Mark in Oshawa
14th January 2007, 06:03
Well, I have no idea on these two. I haven't met another poster yet, so I am sure it will be a hard job to contact people unless you know them so well you have met up with them.

One poster we had before the Forum was restarted was apparently Derek Daly. If there is anyone who is connected to him, tell him to come back, there is much to ask him. If the DD on here was a fraud, oh well, never mind then!!!

viper_man
14th January 2007, 15:06
Perhaps people just get fed up or cant be bothered to post any more.

Bezza
14th January 2007, 16:09
Lucy a.k.a. I Met Meat Loaf still pops up on my MSN so she is safe :)

Brown, Jon Brow
14th January 2007, 16:40
Mp3 is quite often on BAT racer :up:

I haven't seen 306cosworth on the forum for a while, or GRAVETT (He was my first forum enemy)

Ian McC
14th January 2007, 17:06
Bring back a_r_c_a :D

Hazell B
14th January 2007, 17:19
Shiela M was somebody I was wondering about the other day. I miss her.

Erki
14th January 2007, 18:53
Isn't Sheila a track marshal? If she is, go to a meeting! :D She might be on another well known motorsport forum too, I haven't looked if she's active though.

I'd like it if that girl, who was she Delicious or Delusional, something like that, came back, she left before I came here so she's missing out heavily. :D

reidy_fan
14th January 2007, 19:23
Sheila is still very active on another forum, another person we havent seen in ages is owyfan, think Knock-on still keeps in touch with her. Forums go through stages where some members are posting regularly and some just browse

RaikkonenRules
14th January 2007, 19:28
Mp3 is quite often on BAT racer :up:

I haven't seen 306cosworth on the forum for a while, or GRAVETT (He was my first forum enemy)

Yeah where is GRAVETT, he was my first forum enemy too.

Hasn't shown his face since he kicked off about 'uneducated goons getting their kicks from crashes' :D

RaikkonenRules
14th January 2007, 19:30
Another that's sprung to mind is Raikk, but he has recently returned. :)
Another is Super Aguri.

Lady Racefan hasn't been around for a while.

And GG24 who started then disappered, then returned, then disappeared again.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th January 2007, 19:31
Yeah where is GRAVETT, he was my first forum enemy too.

Hasn't shown his face since he kicked off about 'uneducated goons getting their kicks from crashes' :D

He banned me from playing the BTCC name that car quiz. Apparently I claimed that he pulled pictures out of his anus :s

RaikkonenRules
14th January 2007, 19:34
He banned me from playing the BTCC name that car quiz. Apparently I claimed that he pulled pictures out of his anus :s

:laugh:

What a dumbass.

schmenke
14th January 2007, 21:18
Haven't seen his majesty around lately.

Bezza
14th January 2007, 21:21
Isn't Sheila a track marshal? If she is, go to a meeting! :D She might be on another well known motorsport forum too, I haven't looked if she's active though.

I'd like it if that girl, who was she Delicious or Delusional, something like that, came back, she left before I came here so she's missing out heavily. :D

Delusional. She was delicious!

Don't kill me, speedy king. ;)

Speaking of speedy king, I haven't seen him for a while! I hadn't seen myself for a while but then I popped up.

btracer
14th January 2007, 21:38
Nah speedys not been on here for a while but i still speak to him on MSN so hes ok.

Bez, can i come and live with you???

Bezza
14th January 2007, 22:12
I believe Nadine's bedroom is free, Billy. :cheese:

Eki
14th January 2007, 23:21
You mean the ectothermic one?

Ian McC
15th January 2007, 00:14
Fred Bassett anyone? :uhoh:

Ian McC
15th January 2007, 00:30
Whatever happened to Chica?

Hawkmoon
15th January 2007, 01:08
I miss tinchote over in the Formula One forums. It was always good to have a voice of reason on my side when we got into all those "Ferrari vs the World" arguments with all the anti-Tifosi.

Hondo
15th January 2007, 03:26
All polls aside, I believe many formerly active members have voted against the new forum format by their lack of interest and participation.

Ranger
15th January 2007, 05:53
How about Garry Walker? :D

But I have a logical conclusion for his disappearance.

Storm
15th January 2007, 06:08
Malllen :p :

yeah like Hawkmoon, I miss the old guard...tincho...perhaps busy with kid #5/6? :eek:

Also fizzicist and more importantly Kate ;)

oily oaf
15th January 2007, 07:37
Curses! I thought this thread was going to be about unfortunate gentleman of the John Wayne Bobbit ilk who through tragic accident or by the crazed actions of a knife wielding missus had parted company with their "little soldier"

However I'll put my disappointment aside and report that Sheila is now an administrator of a very small but perfectly formed motorsport forum and that just before Crimbo she mailed me with a request to join her merry band and give intermittent shipping forecasts :mad:
Naturally I made my excuses and left as the woman is clearly some kind of pervert.
She's none too cheerful this morning however as she informed me last night that vandals have smashed up the wishing well in her front garden.
I gotta tell ya I wouldn't fancy being in their trainers if she catches 'em ;)

The only other missing person I have info on is GG24 who is in splendid good health and is currently manacled to the wall in my shed :)

Sorry must dash the milk tanker has just pulled up outside and I have to give GG her breakfast of one grain of Oatabix and a saucer of Hypoid 90.
Yeah I know I spoil that girl sometimes :vader:

janneppi
15th January 2007, 08:01
All polls aside, I believe many formerly active members have voted against the new forum format by their lack of interest and participation.
I though you said you were leaving? ;)

Daniel
15th January 2007, 08:33
Whatever happened to Chica?
Chica always pops on MSN just about every day :)

Ranger
15th January 2007, 08:34
And come to think of it, I haven't seen DonnieDarco in a while, or maybe I'm just unobservant :?:

CarlMetro
15th January 2007, 08:51
And come to think of it, I haven't seen DonnieDarco in a while, or maybe I'm just unobservant :?:

DonnieDarco is still very much around but tends to stay away from Chit Chat these days, you'd have to ask her for the reasons why, but you'll still find her in the Wordgames forum ;)

pino
15th January 2007, 09:03
I miss odykas :( :p :

CarlMetro
15th January 2007, 09:06

You need to practise your aim ;)

Daniel
15th January 2007, 09:09
OK I will substitute for Ody and post one of these pics :p

http://pics.maunier.org/zidane/022-ZidaneCoupDeBoule_streetfighter_01.gif

Storm
15th January 2007, 12:10

Aye, me too :s RIP :p :

No sign of Jefe tonto either....

Mark
15th January 2007, 12:31
Ibby hasn't posted here in years. Still hassles me every day on MSN tho :p

Erki
15th January 2007, 12:41
Haven't seen Tina here for a while.

Erki
15th January 2007, 12:56
Haven't seen Tina here for a while.

And now she's here. :s Did I scream too loud or what?

Christina
15th January 2007, 13:09
I'm still around. i'm just working three jobs at the moment, so i dont get much spare time.

Eki
15th January 2007, 15:15
Ibby hasn't posted here in years. Still hassles me every day on MSN tho :p
Is he still in the mental hospital?

schmenke
15th January 2007, 15:17
I miss tinchote over in the Formula One forums. It was always good to have a voice of reason on my side when we got into all those "Ferrari vs the World" arguments with all the anti-Tifosi.

I'm sure we'll see him around once the F1 season starts up again :)

Eki
15th January 2007, 20:44
No sign of Jefe tonto either....
He's found a job? Nah, that can't be.

LotusElise
15th January 2007, 20:58
I heard from Fizzicist not too long ago. I thik he's busy with work or something.

Lousada
15th January 2007, 20:59
Is Eki's best friend Anthonyvop still posting around? :o

schmenke
15th January 2007, 21:04
Wasn't he banned :?:

schmenke
15th January 2007, 21:09
Two other (somewhat sensible :p : posters) that are missed are Breeze (stupid crow drove everyone batty :angryfire : ) and billiaml. Although I suspect that they are both busy with more important elements of their lives ;) :D

Eki
15th January 2007, 21:09
Wasn't he banned :?:
I hope not. He may have disagreed with me, but he was never rude. Discussions with anthonyvop were interesting.

Mp3 Astra
15th January 2007, 22:21
I thought I'd start this thread so people can post details of missing members, people who have been regulars who seem to have found a way out of the forum.

First two that spring to my mind are Mp3 Astra and I Met Meatloaf. Both of whom have been regular posters on here in recent times, although IMML not as much as she used to, but both have disappeared ;(

If anyone knows of there whereabouts can they at least let us all know that they are safe.

I'm here! I'm not sure what I've been doing lately but I will make it my target to be around here more. Thanks for noticing :)

schmenke
15th January 2007, 22:25
I'm here! I'm not sure what I've been doing lately but I will make it my target to be around here more. ...

Not at the expense of your grades I hope ;)

Hondo
16th January 2007, 01:35
I though you said you were leaving? ;)

DonnieDarco and I stay in touch through the PMs.

Mark
16th January 2007, 07:35
Is he still in the mental hospital?

Yup!

Erki
18th January 2007, 00:57
I haven't seen Lany around here for quite some time. She's still sometimes on MSN, I suppose she's busy with school.

speedy king
18th January 2007, 01:03

Woah, she did leave an impression :s She made a return about a year ago :p : After i pestered... since then i don't know...she's at Uni in Brighton.

Me, well i'm here :D Sexy as ever, lots of work at the moment though :(

Hazell B
18th January 2007, 01:12
Breeze (stupid crow drove everyone batty :angryfire : )

I miss Breeze too.

agwiii
18th January 2007, 12:22
What happened to Andrea? She appears to be missing.

CarlMetro
18th January 2007, 12:49
Probably laying down in a darkened room (or a padded cell ;) ) after too many years trying to keep the F1 forum from imploading :D

agwiii
18th January 2007, 12:54
Probably laying down in a darkened room (or a padded cell ;) ) after too many years trying to keep the F1 forum from imploading :D

Sigh! Pity, for it is!

jim mcglinchey
18th January 2007, 12:55
Gibbsy?

Iain
18th January 2007, 17:55
Me? :p :

Ian McC
18th January 2007, 23:17

Trying to forget the fact you have just recently passed the 20,000 milestone?

A.F.F.
18th January 2007, 23:48
What happened to Andrea? She appears to be missing.

She is probably catching up all those movies she didn't get to watch from last year. :)

Hazell B
21st January 2007, 19:43

Who said that? :p :

CarlMetro
22nd January 2007, 02:08
Astra Boy has been missing for some time now. I know he's busy being in love but I've seen him more times in person over the past year than I have seen him on here.

Daniel
22nd January 2007, 08:31
He signs in on MSN every once in a while. Sure I saw him on there last week :)

tintin
22nd January 2007, 18:59
Astra Boy has been missing for some time now.

He'll have to come back to change his name to Vectra Boy...

Valve Bounce
22nd January 2007, 22:15
I ain't missing - I'm at Vail

Plato 4 Title
22nd January 2007, 22:26
Paddy Cummins???? Wasnt he the quickest person to reach a 1000 posts?

tinchote
22nd January 2007, 22:28
Paddy Cummins???? Wasnt he the quickest person to reach a 1000 posts?

He certainly was. But, as life goes on, he might grown up a little and he might have something to do with his life :D

Eki
22nd January 2007, 22:33
He certainly was. But, as life goes on, he might grown up a little and he might have something to do with his life :D
Or he may have been sacrificed in the PUB cult ceremonies. Who knows.

Hazell B
24th January 2007, 18:33
Or he may have been sacrificed in the PUB cult ceremonies. Who knows.

Shhh, don't tell them all our Pink Uniformed Bunny Cult secrets :p :

Has anyone heard from imull recently?

jso1985
24th January 2007, 19:01
I noted Curryhead hasn't been around here for at least 6 months.

NoahsGirl
24th January 2007, 19:05
Nice to know i have been missed!

koppite_rob
24th January 2007, 19:26
Well I'm glad no one mentioned me.I've checked & I'm definately not missing a member,so it wasn't me.

I do feel like Rip Van Rob Winkle though.
Somethings happened to the forum,its all so strange & unfamiliar.Jeez how long have I been away???
And why have I got this little thing that says I'm an unknown quantity.Look what you see is what you get,always has been.

Just to update,since last post:
I have a new & exciting job (that doesn't allow me to access the forum,neesh)
Happy Christmas & Happy New Year everyone.
I'm trying for a racing scholarship for this year,so fingers & legs crossed everyone.I'm doing it for the little man or woman who wants to see if he or her could live his or hers dream.
Oh & Da Bears are going to the Superbowl,so I shall be partying like its 1985 again :D on Feb 4th & 5th & maybe the rest of that week if we win.

Thats all....go about your business...nothing to see here...

Ian McC
24th January 2007, 22:28
Welcome back then Rob and NG :wave: :p :

Erki
30th January 2007, 22:10
Where's Susy1979?

oily oaf
1st February 2007, 15:59
As someone who laughs at convention and hurls brickbats and flails at the commonplace I should like to be the innovator who instead of enquiring as to the whereabouts of erstwhile posters actually predicts a member who will undoubtedly become one :eek:

I refer of course to Knock On whose somewhat sensational nocturnal post almost knocked me bandy when I read it's searing contents at 5.00am this morning before it was pulled feverishly from the public gaze in very short order indeed :D

Sometimes it pays to be an early riser as you never know what may occur whilst lying in the arms of Morpheus ;)

(taps finger on side of nose and walks away whistling)

Captain VXR
1st February 2007, 16:15
Where's Subaru WRX gone?? He/she (don't know if they are male/female :o ) hasn't been on for a while.

Iain
1st February 2007, 16:25
There are plenty of missing members, but I miss the 2000-2002 era on here. We had some good times back then. Not many of those people about here anymore either: s1mon, Andi, Lizardking, Ste/Burracho, Tom Jones etc.

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 12:02
Maybe they aren't missing as such! just found a life and dont need to spend time on here anymore who knows!!!

Maybe they are all loved up and dont need this forum anymore it happens guys!!

Dave B
2nd February 2007, 12:35
Where's Susy1979?

She's very much alive and well :D

LotusElise
2nd February 2007, 12:37
There are plenty of missing members, but I miss the 2000-2002 era on here. We had some good times back then. Not many of those people about here anymore either: s1mon, Andi, Lizardking, Ste/Burracho, Tom Jones etc.

I'd forgotten about Ste. One of the first members I got on the wrong side of in the rally forum.

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 13:01
Maybe they aren't missing as such! just found a life and dont need to spend time on here anymore who knows!!!

Maybe they are all loved up and dont need this forum anymore it happens guys!!

That's the best explanation to date, they found a life.

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 13:45
That's the best explanation to date, they found a life.

Yep everyone should have one!! if ya dont then quick find one hee hee!!!
i think they are either loved up somewhere with someone special ( which is where i would be if he wasn't at work ) or to excited about the fourth coming Moto Gp season to post on here!!!!

I am both loved up and excited about the new season!! Gee what does that say about me??? :confused: :(

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 13:48
I am both loved up and excited about the new season!! Gee what does that say about me??? :confused: :(

Mmm. Lucky? Can you also pick numbers?

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 13:52
Mmm. Lucky? Can you also pick numbers?

Do you mean for the national Lottery?? if i could do you think i'd be sat here! :rolleyes: :( :look:

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 13:54
Do you mean for the national Lottery?? if i could do you think i'd be sat here! :rolleyes: :( :look:

On this forum? LOL

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 13:55
On this forum? LOL

Maybe i am being thick here but i dont get you???? :confused: :(

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 13:57
Maybe i am being thick here but i dont get you???? :confused: :(

Winning the lotto and going about your normal business would be part of the treat -- until you were ready to enjoy the benefits of that win. :D

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 14:04
Winning the lotto and going about your normal business would be part of the treat -- until you were ready to enjoy the benefits of that win. :D

Its everyone's dream to win the lotto no harm in dreaming eh? ;)

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 14:12
Its everyone's dream to win the lotto no harm in dreaming eh? ;)

:up:

"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter."
~ Francisco D'Anconia from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Gibbsy
2nd February 2007, 14:54
Gibbsy?

I know that guy pretty well. He has been working too bloody much.

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 15:11
Does anyone wanna go do my ironing and hoovering for me?? ;)

oh well it was just a thought! :(

Cindy_AL
2nd February 2007, 17:19
Fred Bassett anyone? :uhoh:

Fred was banned quite some time ago. He has since moved to the US and he & his wife have recently started a new business. They seem to be very happy.

Iain
2nd February 2007, 19:20
I'd forgotten about Ste. One of the first members I got on the wrong side of in the rally forum.

That's not who I mean, I mean Ste. :) He used to post here at the very beginning, sharing his pearls of wisdom with the rest of us. :p :

Eki
2nd February 2007, 19:48
Fred was banned quite some time ago. He has since moved to the US and he & his wife have recently started a new business. They seem to be very happy.
That's good to hear. Fred was a good dog.

Ian McC
2nd February 2007, 19:52

Thanks Cindy, always wondered what happened to the old boy :)

Ian McC
2nd February 2007, 19:53
Does anyone wanna go do my ironing and hoovering for me?? ;)

oh well it was just a thought! :(

I do the hoovering and ironing here but one household is enough for me :D

LotusElise
2nd February 2007, 21:23
That's not who I mean, I mean Ste. :) He used to post here at the very beginning, sharing his pearls of wisdom with the rest of us. :p :

Please don't tell me you remember the spat in the rally forum. It wasn't that bad!
It probably wasn't the same Ste.

Iain
2nd February 2007, 21:40
I don't know about any spats. :) This was Ste, a Touring Car fan.

LotusElise
2nd February 2007, 22:03
Oh good. Not the same person then.

raikk
2nd February 2007, 22:26
Another that's sprung to mind is Raikk, but he has recently returned. :)
Another is Super Aguri.

Lady Racefan hasn't been around for a while.

And GG24 who started then disappered, then returned, then disappeared again.

Wow I'm gone 2 weeks in Toronto and I'm already missed! Ive been sneaking around here once and a while but I'm spending tome on the hfboards more and more now that hockey is getting to it's focal point..

kelloggs5TLfan
2nd February 2007, 23:44
Roselady3

Erki
6th April 2007, 20:20
June

Ian McC
6th April 2007, 20:46
June

Who?

Eki
6th April 2007, 20:57
Who?
She who came after May.

Erki
6th April 2007, 21:01
She who came after May.

You're wrong, she joined on 7th October 2005. :)
http://archive.motorsportforums.com/vb2/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23459

Jag_Warrior
6th April 2007, 21:14
Bring back a_r_c_a :D

Didn't he set a record for being banned the most number of times? He kept it lively on the Sports Car board, so I miss him.

As well, I miss Demolicion Chica. I never understood why she went away. But I was told by someone that being a moderator here began to take away from her work as a dominatrix. :D

Erki
6th April 2007, 21:35
Martini Lancia has also disappeared somewhere.

Drew
6th April 2007, 23:05
June

Yeah, she got a job at a new school in a new town, and that was the last of it :p :

tinchote
7th April 2007, 00:11
Too many people are getting a life. We need to do something about it ;) :p :

Ranger
7th April 2007, 07:04
Agwiii has been missing for quite a while.

I think he may have passed on, sadly.

Ian McC
7th April 2007, 10:37

Didn't he get the boot?

EuroTroll
7th April 2007, 10:44

Why do you think that?

Ranger
7th April 2007, 10:56
Why do you think that?

Well, just an assumption, that is probably wrong (He'll probably rock up on the forum in a day or two and say hi).

A prolific forum poster (10 posts a day) who is 99 years old, and suddenly doesn't go to the forum for 2 months seems a little odd to me.

Didn't he get the boot?

May have, but I don't think so.

RaikkonenRules
7th April 2007, 11:04
Agwii quit the forum bout a month ago.

jens
7th April 2007, 11:15
A prolific forum poster (10 posts a day) who is 99 years old, and suddenly doesn't go to the forum for 2 months seems a little odd to me.

But which conclusions can we make from that? What is the explanation for such behaviour?

Erki
7th April 2007, 11:17
Well, just an assumption, that is probably wrong (He'll probably rock up on the forum in a day or two and say hi).

May have, but I don't think so.

I don't think he's 99. He was all the time in the middle of the controversy, perhaps he just got tired of all the bs and quit.

CarlMetro
7th April 2007, 11:26
Too many people are getting a life. We need to do something about it ;) :p :

It seems that the security of the new forum is nowhere as good as the old one. I can remember a time when once you got in here then there was no way out, not ever. These days there seems to be so many exits...........

Drew
7th April 2007, 11:33

With the amount of people that come here, statistically some people must have, unfortunetly, died.

Thing is, we're extremely unlikely to hear whether that has happened to anybody.

Hazell B
7th April 2007, 19:24
So far we've only heard about Grubby's early exit from the planet :(

I'm a bit worried about Fiero 5.7 as he's been gone since the end of February. I've PMed Mark to see if he can furnish me with Fiero's email address as he doesn't normally vanish without word.

Erki
7th April 2007, 19:36
So far we've only heard about Grubby's early exit from the planet :(

I'm a bit worried about Fiero 5.7 as he's been gone since the end of February. I've PMed Mark to see if he can furnish me with Fiero's email address as he doesn't normally vanish without word.

Someone from the Champ Car forum also passed away a little time ago. Forgot his name though. :(

Ranger
8th April 2007, 02:36
Someone from the Champ Car forum also passed away a little time ago. Forgot his name though. :(

Speedbump, I think. His name appeared on the side of the DP-01 champ car in testing as a tribute.

millencolin
8th April 2007, 02:53
yes it was Speedbump who unfortuately left us. and it was a great tribute that CC did by putting his name on the DP-01...

Jag_Warrior
8th April 2007, 04:39
And if I'm not mistaken, "Railbird" also posted here a few times, early on - maybe about the time I got here. We lost Railbird to a heart attack a couple of years ago.

Andrea
8th April 2007, 16:08

Fiero is alive and well but he has retired from the forum. Unfortunately, we cannot pass on his email address as it's a data protection breach.

donKey jote
8th April 2007, 16:18
that reminds me... where was Andrea ? :p :
:kiss:
:andrea:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Eki
8th April 2007, 16:47
I'm worried about oily oaf. The Portuguese have not yet deported him. That must mean they keep him captive in some dark and cold dungeon.

race aficionado
8th April 2007, 18:50
I'm worried about oily oaf. The Portuguese have not yet deported him. That must mean they keep him captive in some dark and cold dungeon.

Eki, I think he likes dark and cold dungeons.
Just keep him away from his weather reports, and he will start sweating and shaking . . . come to think of it, he likes that too.

Whatever it is, I hope he is having fun and surely enough, he will be deported any time soon.

:s mokin:

tinchote
8th April 2007, 20:18
that reminds me... where was Andrea ? :p :
:kiss:
:andrea:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Good question! :D

BeansBeansBeans
8th April 2007, 20:21
Haven't seen Knock On for a while. Shame really.

AndySpeed
8th April 2007, 21:34
It seems that the security of the new forum is nowhere as good as the old one. I can remember a time when once you got in here then there was no way out, not ever. These days there seems to be so many exits...........

Got to agree there, I don't even manage a single post per day anymore and have been known to go several days without even thinking of checking. Miss coming here often though :( , but have enough other things to be doing...