PDA

View Full Version : January Exams?

Brown, Jon Brow
13th January 2007, 22:35
Yes it's a new thread by me, but lets just relax and calm down, before I get death threats ;)

Who has got Exams this month ?

I have 8 in total that will go toward my final A-level results (Already done Maths Mechanics 1)
I'm also doing 2 re-sits next week of AS-level exams. I thought after doing half a year of A-level work that they would be easier. However I've just looked over the syllabus and I can't remember a thing,. Looks like that's £40 in re-sit fees wasted. :(

I'm a bit fed-up with college at the moment. Even if I get the grades I'm not sure I want to go to Uni.

viper_man
13th January 2007, 22:43
I honestly cant remember my AS and A2s, I know I did amazingly well in my AS' and then completely screwed it up for the A2s. £40 for a resit, just do better the first time!

All I can say is make sure you revise, find a method and stick to it. I actually found cramming it in the night and early morning before worked better as it was all completely fresh in my mind.

Sometimes I regret going to uni as a lot of my mates didnt, learnt a trade such as plumbing, and are now making decent money. But then if you go for a higher class job and are applying alongside an applicant without a degree, chances are you will get offered an interview over him. Also for the sheer experience of it you must definately go. You will never forget it.

LeonBrooke
13th January 2007, 22:43
Ha! Who has exams in January? November is the natural exam month, anything else is heresy. :p :

The best advice is to study hard, and to make sure you read the question properly. I've failed to do that on occasion and it's cost me a good mark and left me with an average one.

Erki
14th January 2007, 11:03
I have two exams: one is Java programming which is relatively easy. Second one is Physics which is hard as hell, to make it even harder, I must score at least 17 points out of 30... Last 3 nights I have had 5 dreams about that exam...not too nice. :s

Sleeper
14th January 2007, 15:01
Good luck with your exams, I hated them.

RaikkonenRules
14th January 2007, 19:19
GCSE mocks for me :mad:

Drew
15th January 2007, 00:21
I have 3 uni exams, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Oh crap!

jens
15th January 2007, 01:35
I have two more exams and one of them takes place today!! :p : :hot:

(Damn, why on earth am I wasting my time here then? :\ :p : )

jens
15th January 2007, 01:39
Last 3 nights I have had 5 dreams about that exam...not too nice. :s

Lucky you! At least you sleep and see dreams. :p : I am not sleepy at all... :hmph:

Erki
15th January 2007, 05:08
Well, my sleep has lately been way less than perfect, have some trouble falling asleep and waking up...

stevie_gerrard
16th January 2007, 16:10
I have 2 exams this week, both mathematical, theres a surprise :p :

I just completed one of them on calculus and linear algebra, it was tougher than i thought it would be, but i think i passed it :)

got Structures of mathematics tomorrow, not looking forward to it at all (for those of you who dont know what it is, its basically lots about proofs)

Brown, Jon Brow
16th January 2007, 16:21
I had a Maths Core 2 resit :laugh: The chances of me improving my grade are unlikely as I gave up the will to try half way through!

Are well looks like it's suicide again for me!! :grenade:

Brown, Jon Brow
26th January 2007, 20:29
That's my exams completed untill the summer :cheese:

It was Geography today

The question was

' Natural hazards are not occuring with increasing frequency, but out awareness of them is' Discuss this statement (60 marks)

I thought that I had done well to write 7 pages in 1 hour 20 minutes, homever other people had written about 11 pages :s

Erki
27th January 2007, 08:21
I have to resit my physics exam. :\ Next Friday, still some time to learn. :)

LeonBrooke
28th January 2007, 07:19
That's my exams completed untill the summer :cheese:

It was Geography today

The question was

' Natural hazards are not occuring with increasing frequency, but out awareness of them is' Discuss this statement (60 marks)

I thought that I had done well to write 7 pages in 1 hour 20 minutes, homever other people had written about 11 pages :s

Don't worry, it's not the quantity that matters, it's the quality. The markers will probably prefer your succinct-ness.