PDA

View Full Version : rfactor

thompp
22nd February 2008, 10:45
I've just order a copy of rfactor for the PC having read some very good reviews of it. I've got TRD3 which I think is brill, but my complaint is that very few people seem to play it online, whereas I hear rafctor is very popular online.

Bruce D
24th February 2008, 05:33
Yeah its very popular online because of the amount of mods for it - check out http://www.rfactorcentral.com and see what I mean! Anyway, personally I always thought the physics were pathetic compared to GTR2 and GTL, but then I haven't played the 1979 F1 mod which is supposed to be the best. But of the mods I have played (A1 for example) they are always better on GTR2.

Anka
31st March 2008, 22:54
Yes is true. Now rFactor is starting to be very popular. There are a lot of comunities of a lot of countries doing championships using different mods.
I have the MMG F1 2007 Server Edition mod. It contains all the f1 2007 teams and drivers, but not all the circuits of this season. They are in a pack which can be download if you want.

If you have the game you can post here. Maybe we can do some runs online.
Thanks, bye!

foxystoat
1st April 2008, 19:45
The FBMW mod is superb aswell as the Meganes,

Marc W
1st April 2008, 20:30
The UK Mini challenge mod is another excellent one, as are the Champcars, the Aussie V8's, The porsche Supercup mods.....the list goes on! Some excellent circuits too. You can find almost all the UK tracks if you hunt around the internet.

philipbain
4th April 2008, 08:32
I've been playing rFactor some quite some time now, its frankly superb, people have spent a lot of time making the mods and it really shows as there are many excellent mods out there. I find the best place to find the best mods and tracks and to keep up to date, as previously mentioned in this thread is http://www.rfactorcentral.com . As for the physics etc. I would just like the point out that the game engine behind both rFactor and the GTR/Race games has the same origins, the EA F1 games devloped by ISI for the PC, rFactor is ISI's continuation of this, GTR/Race being produced by Simbin who were one of the major modding groups back in the days of the EA F1 games. So in theory the physics engine should be largely similar, the differences being in the way that the mods have been moddled physics wise.

As for favorite mods, F1 1979 is a fantastic one, the BMW E20 320i mod is beautifully realised and the recent MMG F1 2007 mod is by far the best modern F1 mod yet for rFactor. There are many more to suit all tastes too.

Finally there is the online play, which is really well implemented and very popular, you'll never struggle to find a competitive field to race against.

If racing online look out for the ^spaz^ tag (named after one member's description of spinning off a lot!), thats a group of my friends and I that enjoy racing rFactor, are usually competitive (well a couple of us at least) but dont take things too seriously.

Zico
22nd April 2009, 23:18
Old thread I know but this game looks brilliant.. Need to treat myself to it, a G25, a triplehead set-up and the drift mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88gWhV5IlAI&feature=channel_page

Outstanding!

racer69
30th April 2009, 17:17
This has gotten me back into computer gaming!

The "Touring Car Legends" mod is what did it. I'm loving that one at the moment, got myself a G25 and all :) A great game

52Paddy
2nd May 2009, 12:11
Just a question: When rFactor was originally released, I think it was only available to buy via internet download directly onto your computer. Now, I've noticed CD-DVD versions about the internet. Are the DVD versions the same as the downloaded ones or do they lack some of the facilities?

For me, a DVD version would be better considering the problem of moving house and using a new PC etc

foxystoat
12th May 2009, 20:20
It is the same as the digital download ,you get version 1.255 which is what everyone uses so no need to patch. Then just go ahead & add your mods/tracks
hope you enjoy the game is amazing.

racer69
23rd May 2009, 10:09
Many on here playing TCL??