PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 racer69 DTM TRD3 Championship schedule & sign-ups

johnny shell
21st February 2008, 14:21
It's back and better than ever!

Actually, it's back & pretty much just exactly like it's always been :D

Races will be run in regular sim mode as always. No repeat rounds this year. No handicaps or anything.

Rounds will be open for two weeks, then a week off.

Series founder Racer69 & I set the schedule & I'll be handling the administrative work.

This year, Hockenheim returns to it's opening round status. Turkey gets shortened a bit and moves to the middle of the season (many other race distaces have been modified a bit too), and the season closes in September at Zandoort, after which we'll all head to Amsterdam for a little end of season bash :s mokin:

2008 Order of Events:

Test Session - Location TBA
Hockenheim
Oschersleben
Eurospeedway
Brno
Turkey
Nurburgring
Spa
Norisring
Zandvooft

Test site will be announced March 1st!

Past year's archives can be found at Real Illusions' site, which by the way looks better & better every time I look at it: http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/index.php

Guten Tag!

johnny shell
21st February 2008, 14:23
#82... Johnny Shell.... Kentucky Fried Racing Opel

real_illusions
21st February 2008, 22:11
I'm in!

I've recently changed they layout of the website..and updated a few bits :) was wondering when someone would notice ;)

My entry

#666 - Real Illusions - Mobile Chicane Racing - Apache helicopter gunship/Merc

:)

jso1985
21st February 2008, 22:54
#46 - Jso1985 - Low Budget Racing Mercedes

johnny shell
22nd February 2008, 01:19
welcome back jso! how's the rally racing going?

jso1985
22nd February 2008, 22:10
thanks!, rallying is going better than ever, I'm getting up to 21 entries every rally, which also sadly means that if a DTM round is too close to a WRC event I might miss it

real_illusions
22nd February 2008, 23:56
no no no..by replying to this thread you are legally bound to compete in every DTM round this year. Plus you, jso specifically, have to complete at least 100km of testing a week throughout the entire year. and to make up the lost testing from the beginning of the year, this week (upto sunday) means you have 700km of testing to do.

good luck ;)

johnny shell
24th February 2008, 16:00
yeah it's like a gang. and now you're in it.

and once you're in the gang, you don't leave it.

we won't let you leave it.

jso1985
24th February 2008, 19:08
no no no..by replying to this thread you are legally bound to compete in every DTM round this year. Plus you, jso specifically, have to complete at least 100km of testing a week throughout the entire year. and to make up the lost testing from the beginning of the year, this week (upto sunday) means you have 700km of testing to do.

good luck ;)

what part of "Low Budget Racing" haven't you understood? :p

johnny shell
26th February 2008, 14:24
if a DTM round is too close to a WRC event I might miss it

it may help you then that we're only going to do one round every 3 weeks - you'll have two weeks to run the race, then a week off.

I know everyone loves the MB... but I've never felt it had good balance and it always feels twitchy to me.

so, last year I switched to the opel & enjoyed it. but the car I really like driving the most is the audi.

am I the only person who doesn't love the MB?????