:eek:

Rolfo all the way!!!! ;)

Then ...

Max :eek:
Troy B
Haga

maxu05
21st February 2008, 11:24
I went to the WSBK website to watch the live timing, I think it's pretty lame. On the Motogp live timing, they tell you the time of the next session, the time remaining in this session, etc. I didn't see that with WSBK. It kind of leaves you in the dark. Sure, you can see the times, but you feel isolated from the action.

maxu05
21st February 2008, 11:31
My picks

Race 1
1st Haga
2nd Corser
3rd Bayliss

Race 2
1st Bayliss
2nd Corser
3rd Xaus

WSS
1st Pitt
2nd Foret
3rd Parkes

NinjaMaster
21st February 2008, 11:32
Does anyone else think the WSB website is absolute rubbish? It's a bit like Paris Hilton - It looks good and I like the layout but where is the substance? There is no list of the results of the practice sessions and like John said, you have no idea whereabouts in a session the live timing is. Fairly amateurish I think.

nb. Paris Hilton is actually a bit of a scrubba but you get the picture. :)

Roby44
21st February 2008, 11:36
Does anyone else think the WSB website is absolute rubbish? It's a bit like Paris Hilton - It looks good and I like the layout but where is the substance? There is no list of the results of the practice sessions and like John said, you have no idea whereabouts in a session the live timing is. Fairly amateurish I think.

nb. Paris Hilton is actually a bit of a scrubba but you get the picture. :)

Scrubba!!! Good old Aussie term that one.. :)

maxu05
21st February 2008, 12:10
I think the problem with the site is that you do not feal as if you are getting the latest information. IMO, the superbike website is like looking at a poster on a wall. It looks pretty, but the news is always so old. If I want news about superbikes, I will go to Crash.net or here at the forum. Very dissapointing for an official site. They should take a look at Motogp.com, excellent site IMO. Always up to date, the live timing is informative, and the information is easy to get, and easy to follow.

ATF
21st February 2008, 12:27
I don't suppose there's any chance of terrestrial UK coverage, or is it just Eurosport?!

ChrisS
21st February 2008, 14:29
the official website says it will show live races

I like the new site, its clean and easy, I always thought the motogp website is too heavy.

There are still ways they can improve the website though, they need a better photo gallery section, better way to show the results, better live timing etc...

ChrisS
21st February 2008, 14:36
I think the problem with the site is that you do not feal as if you are getting the latest information. IMO, the superbike website is like looking at a poster on a wall. It looks pretty, but the news is always so old. If I want news about superbikes, I will go to Crash.net or here at the forum. Very dissapointing for an official site.

Its an official website so it can't post rumours and speculations but I think their news coverage was good during the off season announcing rider signings etc...

Crash.net on the other hand seems to have terrible SBK coverage. They had news about rider signings a month after the signing became official and some signings went completely unnoticed. I think crash.net know their SBK coverage isnt very good and that's why they are looking for reporters for SBK (there is an article on their page)

ATF
21st February 2008, 15:18
the official website says it will show live races

I like the new site, its clean and easy, I always thought the motogp website is too heavy.

I know what you mean, the Motogp site is too busy.

As for the coverage, is it free...or am I just wishing? The WTCC site shows a Eurosport live feed for the races on its website for free!

ChrisS
21st February 2008, 16:26
I know what you mean, the Motogp site is too busy.

As for the coverage, is it free...or am I just wishing? The WTCC site shows a Eurosport live feed for the races on its website for free!

I didn't find a section on their website that you can sign up and pay so I'm hopping for free

patnicholls
21st February 2008, 19:25
I think the news from Qatar can be summarised as 'welcome back race fans, and look what we have in store this year!' :D

Ducati quick, Yamaha quick, Suzuki quick. Honda....er..."work in progress" (imagine the Ten Kate debrief after that session!) Ayrton Badovini the quickest of the Kawas and in the top half for Pedercini's team :) Seb Gimbert back in the big class and on form. Yukio pleasingly fast despite two years of crashing (interspersed with a Suzuka 8 hour win). Fonsi very impressive on his Suzuki debut too. Lanzi with a rookie team but as fast as Xaus, Biaggi & Fabrizio!

Triumph making a so-far decent debut in Supersport too with Clementi, Aitchison & McCoy, and good to see Jonny Rea getting straight into it (which was, of course, completely expected). Lagrive, Lascorz and Salom who had some good moments last year up the front too.

Can you tell I'm excited about the coming season? :D

21st February 2008, 20:41
Can you tell I'm excited about the coming season? :D

Getting the idea you might be ;)

Race 1:
Haga :s mokin:
Corser
Xaus

Race 2:
Haga
Bayliss
Lanzi

22nd February 2008, 11:16
I went to the WSBK website to watch the live timing, I think it's pretty lame. On the Motogp live timing, they tell you the time of the next session, the time remaining in this session, etc. I didn't see that with WSBK. It kind of leaves you in the dark. Sure, you can see the times, but you feel isolated from the action.

Certainly not worth waiting until after midnight NZ time to watch superpole live timing. I prefer the Motogp site.

Roby44
22nd February 2008, 11:17
Certainly not worth waiting until after midnight NZ time to watch superpole live timing. I prefer the Motogp site.

Me too..

tha_jackal
22nd February 2008, 12:16
Supersport qualifying times:
.1 Foret Fabien Yamaha YZF-R6 2'01.928
.2 Jones Craig Honda CBR600RR 2'02.273
.3 Lagrive Matthieu Honda CBR600RR 2'02.554
.4 Rea Jonathan Honda CBR600RR 2'02.617
.5 Parkes Broc Yamaha YZF-R6 2'02.636
.6 Lascorz Joan Honda CBR600RR 2'02.718
.7 McCoy Garry Triumph 675 2'02.770
.8 Clementi Ivan Triumph 675 2'02.862
.9 Salom David Yamaha YZF-R6 2'02.866
10 Pitt Andrew Honda CBR600RR 2'02.903
11 Aitchison Mark Triumph 675 2'02.964
12 Brookes Joshua Honda CBR600RR 2'02.986
13 Veneman Barry Suzuki GSX-R600 2'03.205
14 Nannelli Gianluca Honda CBR600RR 2'03.237
15 Gowland Graeme Honda CBR600RR 2'03.322
16 Vizziello Gianluca Honda CBR600RR 2'03.428
17 Leblanc Gregory Honda CBR600RR 2'03.443
18 Praia Miguel Honda CBR600RR 2'03.660
19 Fujiwara Katsuaki Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'03.959
20 Walker Chris Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'03.994

Aussies n Triumhs impressive.. So too Brits :D

NinjaMaster
22nd February 2008, 12:20
The SBK website layout is nice and clean to look at but where is the info? It was slightly better today but I find it hard to get any info I want like practice and q times for supersport and superstock.

I'm chuffed to see Corser fast and hope this is a sign for the rest of the year however, as a Kwak fan, I'm in for a very long year seeing as the fastest green rider is a class rookie on year old machinery. :(

ChrisS
22nd February 2008, 17:32
Corser was flying out there today, great lap. Xaus was also impressive. I didn't expect the factory Ducatis to be beaten by 3 satellite bikes.

I watched superpole live from worldsbk.com. there was no commentary for a while but the video quality was good. I believe they will be showing both the superbike races and the supersport race tomorrow.

22nd February 2008, 21:06
When trying to watch superpole video I got a message "not available in your region", so I could only access a screen showing riders, laps numbers, times etc and as others have mentioned, very little other info of the session. Are those of you receiving live video having to pay a subscription?

maxu05
22nd February 2008, 22:42
I get the same deal, not available in your region. Bummer.

fireblade1000
23rd February 2008, 00:04
I used to pay a subscription to watch wsbk races online but received an email a couple of months ago saying it was going to be free this year, if your in the right region. I don't why it is unavailable in some areas, might be something to do with existing tv coverage if there is any.

What the hell happened to kiyo in qualifying, expected him to be running up front. Are ten kate having some trouble with the new blade?

Mach24
23rd February 2008, 02:02
might be something to do with existing tv coverage if there is any.

What the hell happened to kiyo in qualifying, expected him to be running up front. Are ten kate having some trouble with the new blade?

FB1000, I imagine Ten Kate are having trouble with the new machinery but will come on stronger each round.

As for the live internet feed I think it is directly related to existing broadcast rights.

The Phantom
23rd February 2008, 09:11
1.5 hours to go! can't wait... I've just spent the last few hours rebuilding my mountainbike and watching the clock... :)

Corny
23rd February 2008, 09:59
That was an exciting last corner wasn't it?

That Bayliss guy is unbelievable, how many times he's been close to going off and in the end he still made it? WOW
And also Biaggi has done a very very good job so far, but why didn't he rode defending lines in the last lap? That cost him the win maybe

bring on race 2 I'd say :D

Roby44
23rd February 2008, 10:03
Race 2 ???? :(

I haven't seen Race 1 yet!!! :confused:

Corny
23rd February 2008, 10:09
an hour ago the race started.. ,didn't you know?

Roby44
23rd February 2008, 10:40
It's not on the TV till 8.30pm , now, here in Australia!! :(

And I can't get it on the superbike site as it says Video not available in your region!!

Corny
23rd February 2008, 10:42
http://sbklive.video.premiumtv.co.uk/wsbklivestream_hi.asx

Doesn't this work?

Roby44
23rd February 2008, 10:52
Thanks..

It says

Sorry the live stream is unavailable in your geographical location.. :(

Roby44
23rd February 2008, 10:55
And at the moment on the TV is an interview with Troy Bayliss from the test at Phillip Island earlier in teh year, BEFORE he went out and broke his collar bone..

They rave on and on here before they actually get to showing the race!! :(

But I don't mind as I get to see Kevin Magee, he is one of the commentators and I'm a Magee fan!!

He was in 500cc racing with Mick Doohan in case you don't know whohe is, not too many people do!! :)

NinjaMaster
23rd February 2008, 12:20
Wow, exciting racing. Pity we have to listen to Jonathon Green's crap for another year. He's a complete goose. :mad:

Corny
23rd February 2008, 13:14
An exciting race 2, again! That's all I can say as there are a few who are going to watch it later :D

ChrisS
23rd February 2008, 17:04
2 Very exciting superbike races and a good supersport race

Ducati seem to have an advantage but it could just be the nature of the circuit, we will have to wait and see. Satellite bikes seem as good as the factory bikes, I hope that remains the same throughout the season and the factory does not hold back development of the satellite bikes

The Suzuki team looks strong and it seems there is an internal "fight" for number one rider status.

The Honda bikes need more development but are not that bad, riders are partly to blame. Checa dropped to last and was able to make his way back to 11. Kiyonari seems to have the most trouble with the Pirellis.

Yamaha seem to be at the same place they were at the start of last season, very good bike but hard on the tyres.

Kawasaki are nowhere, the bikes need more development. Tamada seems to need time to get used to them, he was able to greatly improve in race 2

In Supersport, the Ten Kate Honda took each other out and a strange error by Yamaha to ran out of fuel, still I believe these 3 riders will be the front runners during the season.

maxu05
23rd February 2008, 23:13
It sounds like they were awesome races. I read the race report on crash.net and was excited. I wish I could have seen it.

The Phantom
23rd February 2008, 23:28
Great racing!

Aussies got a delayed telecast of Race 1 and WSS, due to the rugby union :rolleyes:

Ducatis sure are strong but at least one I4 is able to do a BridgeStoner on them on the main straight - watch out for that team this year. Ducs have the jump out of corners so it will be the fast circuits that the I4 in question will shine.

Some great passing in each race, and some very weird stuff in WSS!

tha_jackal
24th February 2008, 00:03
All i can say is.. Goooo Fonssi!!!! Woot! Fantasy league bargain of the year or what? :D

Great racing all round, spewing about Johnny Rea taking out Pitty in WSS, not cool.. Parkes did well but your heart goes out to Foret, cruel luck.. Bayliss was amazing in race one, just completely on the edge, and he had the gall to say he was just 'cruisin' round, wow..

I've missed WSBK so much, didn't see a race last year, it's great to have it back!

The Phantom
24th February 2008, 00:29
I loved that comment by Bayliss - after getting behind Biaggi, "I was just cruising - well, cruising on the limit!" :lol:

What about Haga in race 1!!! Steve Martin suggested that Corser had had a rear slide, just as Biaggi passed Haga, so Biaggi had to cut the throttle and Haga's front tyre touched Biaggi's rear. That should have been the end of it! But Haga seemed to think Biaggi may have brake-checked him and got angry, but waving an arm around in the air when committed in a corner is always going to end in tears... as

Martin later commented that taking your hand off the bars to express your anger - to the guy in front of you no less - is "not a championship winning move..." :)

Terrible start to the season for Haga, finishing outside the top ten overall.

Roby44
24th February 2008, 02:02
Great racing!

Aussies got a delayed telecast of Race 1 and WSS, due to the rugby union :rolleyes:

Who watches that anyway??

Why is it that Motorsports ALWAYS have to be delayed for bloody football.. :mad:

Roby44
24th February 2008, 02:12
Wow, exciting racing. Pity we have to listen to Jonathon Green's crap for another year. He's a complete goose. :mad:

I think he likes to hear himself talk... :p

But he actually mentioned Roby last night..so I'll forgive this time ;)

Roby did ok..11 and 15. Not that shabby for the first race.

And he did ok last year at The Island with a 10th in race 2 so hopefully next weekend.... :p :

Pantah Jack
24th February 2008, 05:41
And at the moment on the TV is an interview with Troy Bayliss from the test at Phillip Island earlier in teh year, BEFORE he went out and broke his collar bone..

They rave on and on here before they actually get to showing the race!! :(

But I don't mind as I get to see Kevin Magee, he is one of the commentators and I'm a Magee fan!!

He was in 500cc racing with Mick Doohan in case you don't know whohe is, not too many people do!! :)

Magee ( Magoo ) was / is an absolute legend. He is the only bloke ( and will be the only bloke ever ) to have won in 500cc ; World Superbike ; World Formula One ; and World Endurance :

He rode for The Factory Suzuki and Yamaha teams in the 500's and a head injury severely curtailed his career.

Check out some of his achievements:

World 500cc Grand Prix - Spanish GP 1988 1st
World Superbike Championship - 1991 Phillip Island 1st
World Superbike Championship - 1992 Phillip Island 1st

'85 Yamaha Master's Series - 1st
'86 Castrol Six Hour - 1st 750cc & 1st Outright
'86 Bathurst 500km - 1st Australian Unlimited. 1st Grand Prix
Swann International Series - 1st

World IT Formula One Championship - Sugo, Japan 1st
World Endurance Championship - Suzuka 8 hour 1987 1st
World Endurance Championship - Suzuka 8 hour 1988 1st

'85 Nippon Denso 500km Endurance -1st750cc & 1st Outright
'86 Nippon Denso 500km Endurance -1st 750cc & 1st Outright
’87 Castrol Six Hour - 1st Outright
Japanese TT Formula One Championship Series – 1st

Roby44
24th February 2008, 06:52
Magee ( Magoo ) was / is an absolute legend. He is the only bloke ( and will be the only bloke ever ) to have won in 500cc ; World Superbike ; World Formula One ; and World Endurance :

He rode for The Factory Suzuki and Yamaha teams in the 500's and a head injury severely curtailed his career.

Check out some of his achievements:

World 500cc Grand Prix - Spanish GP 1988 1st
World Superbike Championship - 1991 Phillip Island 1st
World Superbike Championship - 1992 Phillip Island 1st

'85 Yamaha Master's Series - 1st
'86 Castrol Six Hour - 1st 750cc & 1st Outright
'86 Bathurst 500km - 1st Australian Unlimited. 1st Grand Prix
Swann International Series - 1st

World IT Formula One Championship - Sugo, Japan 1st
World Endurance Championship - Suzuka 8 hour 1987 1st
World Endurance Championship - Suzuka 8 hour 1988 1st

'85 Nippon Denso 500km Endurance -1st750cc & 1st Outright
'86 Nippon Denso 500km Endurance -1st 750cc & 1st Outright
’87 Castrol Six Hour - 1st Outright
Japanese TT Formula One Championship Series – 1st

Thanks Jack!! I keep trying to tell people that Magoo was / is great!!! :p

Bring on The Island!!

Go Roby!! ;)

Mach24
24th February 2008, 07:06
I think he likes to hear himself talk... :p

Roby did ok..11 and 15. Not that shabby for the first race.

And he did ok last year at The Island with a 10th in race 2 so hopefully next weekend.... :p :

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Did OK, Hahahahahahahahaha.

maxu05
24th February 2008, 08:39
Oh man, that's a bit harsh Mark, crush a girls dreams ;) Next you will be saying that Illmor won't be back :D

Wim_Impreza
24th February 2008, 10:05
I have also seen great races. WSB is much more interesting than MotoGP for me. Nice to see a new winner in Fonsi Nieto. I was enjoying Ruben Xaus again, that guy is amazing. Much overtaking and nice action, too.

Pity that the Kawasaki's are slow and it seems the Yamaha's had again problems with the tyres. It was disappointing to have no coverage about WSS here.

I am really looking forward to next weekend, racing at one of the best circuits in the world.

Corny
24th February 2008, 10:15
indeed quit weird at Yamaha..

Didn't they test some 3 days or so at Qatar? Then they should've known about the problem, or were they sleaping or so in the test?

Roby44
24th February 2008, 10:30
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Did OK, Hahahahahahahahaha.

Oh man, that's a bit harsh Mark, crush a girls dreams ;) Next you will be saying that Illmor won't be back :D

Thats ok!! I'll just wait to say....

I told you so when he wins a race!!.. :)

See I have patience..I've been waiting so long now a few more races can't hurt!! :p

jim mcglinchey
24th February 2008, 21:42
The last few laps of that second race were great. I loved the way the GSXR powered past the big stupid tractors of the australian, then the italian and the spaniard on the straights. Somebodys got to stop the Ducati domination.

25th February 2008, 07:34

"goose" is a more polite word than I would use, my ears are still ringing. Steve Martin must be a very patient guy. I really like the guys who do the Australian V8 Supercars, and prefer them commentating to just about any others in motor sports.

NinjaMaster
25th February 2008, 08:31
This first round has got me sooo excited for the round this weekend at Phillip Island. The racing was everything I hoped it would be. I don't think Ducati will have a year as dominant as Qatar. All the Duc's at the top were excellent riders capable of immense speed but I expect the likes of Xaus and Fabrizio to have rounds they struggle at as well. Yamaha had an off-weekend (Corser's podium aside), Honda will get stronger, especially as Kenan gets more experience and all 3 Zook riders are capable of being competitive. Kawasaki is the worry as they were so far behind but they should improve a lot if the factory are as serious as they say they are.
In supersport, the signs point to this perhaps finally being the year of Broc. Losail has been a hexed track for him in the past so to come out with a win, especially in the circumstances that prevailed, hopefully point to a change of luck he needs to finally get over the line. Great to see Triumph as fast as they were with McCoy very competitive. Shame he broke down but I'm sure they learned a lot and will grow stronger as the season progresses.

Roby44
25th February 2008, 09:15
This first round has got me sooo excited for the round this weekend at Phillip Island. The racing was everything I hoped it would be. I don't think Ducati will have a year as dominant as Qatar. All the Duc's at the top were excellent riders capable of immense speed but I expect the likes of Xaus and Fabrizio to have rounds they struggle at as well. Yamaha had an off-weekend (Corser's podium aside), Honda will get stronger, especially as Kenan gets more experience and all 3 Zook riders are capable of being competitive. Kawasaki is the worry as they were so far behind but they should improve a lot if the factory are as serious as they say they are.
In supersport, the signs point to this perhaps finally being the year of Broc. Losail has been a hexed track for him in the past so to come out with a win, especially in the circumstances that prevailed, hopefully point to a change of luck he needs to finally get over the line. Great to see Triumph as fast as they were with McCoy very competitive. Shame he broke down but I'm sure they learned a lot and will grow stronger as the season progresses.

Not long to wait now..3 or 4 more sleeps depending on where you are .. :p

The Phantom
25th February 2008, 12:21
I am VERY tempted to fly down for PI... never been to a WSB round at the Island...

NinjaMaster
25th February 2008, 12:26
It's worth it Phantom. I probably enjoy it more than MotoGP though that is probably because we are allowed to bring our bikes into the circuit and ride instead of walk. And the value is excellent with the 2 WSB races, WSS race and all the support acts. Plus the weather is going to be sensational! Add to that Bayliss final home round, what more reason do you need to come on down! :D :up: