PDA

View Full Version : Stinking of garlic!

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 20:19
What's the general view on those who eat garlic and stink of it all day at work or on a night out?

Because I've a heap of as yet unwatched DVDs I made a huge pot of chilli and some garlic bread from the spare garlic bulbs hanging about as yet unplanted. Thinking it'd be okay as I'm staying in to watch the films, I made it very garlicy :p :

Ruddy Harry Potter on TV now and him indoors is watching it, so I'm stuck unable to escape to the pub now for fear of stinking it out :mark:

Eki
13th January 2007, 20:26
As long as the internet doesn't convey any smells, we don't actually care. You should ask Naburn et al.

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 20:29
The dog's eat horse crap, they care not about a bit of garlic :p :
Anyway, they might get some garlic bread later if I make more.

Eki
13th January 2007, 20:34
The dog's eat horse crap, they care not about a bit of garlic :p :
Anyway, they might get some garlic bread later if I make more.
Isn't horse crap just a bit like Oatabix?

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 20:46
Not when they eat sugarbeet pulp and veggie oil instead of oats :s

What gets rid of the garlic smell - anyone know?

Erki
13th January 2007, 20:46
I like horseradish more.

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 20:56
Horseraddish is worse than mouldy engine oil :(

I'd rather eat raw cow :p :

pino
13th January 2007, 22:29
What gets rid of the garlic smell - anyone know?

Eat a couple of cofee beans and you will be ok ;)

viper_man
13th January 2007, 22:34
Chewing Gum!

Although to me garlic is one of them red winey smells, you smell it everywhere on the person.

Cant stand fresh garlic, only a tiny bit in a stir fry, but love garlic bread. Cant beat it :up:

Ian McC
13th January 2007, 23:10
I'd rather eat raw cow :p :

:eek:

Look forward to seeing that one on youtube :D

Ian McC
13th January 2007, 23:13
Never really cared about the garlic smell to be honest, just one of those things you have to live with after good food :)

oily oaf
14th January 2007, 05:59
Eat a couple of cofee beans and you will be ok ;)

Sadly we don't have coffee beans in England Pino.
Our caffeine kick comes in the form of a dusty freeze dried powder to which we add hot water to form an insipid brownish fluid which has all the taste, colour and consistency of a muddy puddle :(

However being a resilient sort of chappie I thought I would improvise so I put two baked beans in the oven until they turned black and chewed vigorously on these after last nights medallions of pork in garlic and olive oil :)

Sadly the whole thing turned in to a bit of a disaster as not only did I notice people backing away from me or covering their noses with a handkerchief when I spoke to them in the pub but I have also fallen victim to prolonged bouts of thunderous farting the results of which have all the heady bouquet of a Frenchman's armpit.
So thanks for that tip mate :mad:

Mrs Oaf's doing a nice bit of boiled bacon for dinner tonight.
Go down a treat with some pease puddin' and boiled spuds that will :batman:

CarlMetro
14th January 2007, 12:33
Ruddy Harry Potter on TV now and him indoors is watching it, so I'm stuck unable to escape to the pub now for fear of stinking it out :mark:

Surely a swift tap around the ear with a warn chili pot will bring him to his senses, thus removing the need to vacate your residence in favour of your local?

Or you could just sit there, annoying him with comments such as "I can't believe you're watching this at your age" or "wait 'til I tell all you mates down the pub what you watched on Saturday"

Hazell B
14th January 2007, 17:25
Carl, you've given me future ideas there. Thanks :D

As it happened I bored of this place and went downstairs to sit watching young Potter with Mick. He (Mick) has a habbit of watching the same TV show as me and asking "why's he ....?" or "what's she doing .....?" type plot questions constantly, so I simply asked who every character was, why they were doing what they were doing and what was going on, until he told me to stop being annoying.

Then the penny dropped and he said sorry for ruining my viewing all these years :p :

All of a sudden, stinking of garlic had a silver lining :)

Coffee beans, pino. I'll try that :up:

Hazell B
14th January 2007, 17:52
By the way, I got negative rep over the opening post of this thread - somebody could smell me and didn't like it :laugh:

pino
14th January 2007, 21:15
By the way, I got negative rep over the opening post of this thread - somebody could smell me and didn't like it :laugh:

:rotflmao: