PDA

View Full Version : Encke Sport Astras

Cansiz79
19th February 2008, 18:45
Hi all, I am new to this forum and need some help

I was planning on buying one of the Encke Sport Astras for club racing nxt year and wanted a second opinion from you lot......

So, what do you think I should do???

Alfa Fan
19th February 2008, 18:52
What sort of club racing? They're still technically good cars, as VXR proved for 4 years.

Jimmy Magnusson
19th February 2008, 19:00
Did they even take the delivery of the second car? I know they were supposed to buy two from Quest (chassis #001 and #003), but I've only seen one (#001) for sale.

VkmSpouge
19th February 2008, 19:04
Assuming you have enough spares, I guess the car could be quite competitive in club racing.

Marc W
19th February 2008, 20:27
A s Alfa Fan has said it depends on the series, I've seen them running well in both Britcar production S1 and the Dutch Supercar challenge. If you're thinking of a similar championship to these, as long as you have a good team behind you and enough spares they are an excellent choice.

Les
19th February 2008, 20:34
to me running a touring car in club racing sounds very expensive - surely the spares/engines/gear boxes aren't cheap compared to a 'made for club racing' car

Marc W
19th February 2008, 20:42
It depends what kind of club racing he means. In something like the Dutch Supercar challenge an old British touring car would be much cheaper to run that some of the GT's and old DTM cars that enter.

Cansiz79
20th February 2008, 18:18
From what I was told, the car comes with some spares.....

Oh and by the way, Its the BRSCC Euro Saloons (I was thinking that if I bought it, I could move up to BritCar with it in a few years)

Marc W
20th February 2008, 18:50
Last time I saw that series there were quite a few ex BTCC cars so it would seem to be an excellent choice!

Cansiz79
20th February 2008, 18:58
I just thought, the car is BTC spec so the spare parts will be half the price of those on an S2000 car like an Alfa Romeo 156 or SEAT Toledo.....

JnnyPop
21st February 2008, 13:16
I know Martyn bells BMW is for sale...This is a top car comes with lots of spares and the engine is bullet proof.The only car to do full seasons on 1 engine.When he collected the car from Schnitzer he asked for a spare engine and they said WHY there is nothing wrong with this one.........

Here s a link to his Website MartynBell (http://www.martynbellracing.co.uk/)

Sure Mark W will back me up on this it is a top car

Marc W
21st February 2008, 15:31
It certainly is a good car seeing as an indentical one, won the WTCC in 2005 in the hands of Andy Priaulx! It would have more of a market to sell to if you needed to sell it in future. I guess it depends how much you have to spend though.

thompp
22nd February 2008, 10:52
When he collected the car from Schnitzer he asked for a spare engine and they said WHY there is nothing wrong with this one.........

Like it - LOL.

Here s a link to his Website MartynBell (http://www.martynbellracing.co.uk/)

I didnt realise Tech-speed looked after his car as well.

Iain
22nd February 2008, 11:21
He races for Tech-Speed (Arkas Racing) now remember. That's why those logos are there.

JnnyPop
22nd February 2008, 16:12
He races for Tech-Speed (Arkas Racing) now remember. That's why those logos are there.

His team as joined forces with Techspeed to become a 2 car team....Gives more opertunity for sponsors with 2 cars.Techspeed will run the car from there place but Martyn will retain his own team to work with the guys from tech speed.This should be a good season for Martyn and Erkut...

The future is bright in fact i think it is Sunshine.co.uk (http://www.sunshine.co.uk/)

Cansiz79
22nd February 2008, 17:12
Yeah, Martyns car looks good but at £65K its just too much for me - i was looking more in the area of £25K or less and the Encke Sport Astras are £20K(Which is why they are ideal for me)

MSP
22nd February 2008, 17:55
Are you registered for the LMA? I've done it for 2 years & it's a great championship. Hope ths mods don't mind me suggesting you logging onto http://www.nyssaracing.com & checking out the forum...

Cansiz79
23rd February 2008, 13:20
Are you registered for the LMA? I've done it for 2 years & it's a great championship.http://www.

I look forward to it then - oh and by the way does anyone have any idea what the handling charactaristics of the Astra are ?????

Maybe James Thompson or Yvan Muller would be able to tell me but im guessing that they do not have MotorsportForums accounts lol.....

tdb
23rd February 2008, 17:12
IF you are serious about buying an enke sport atsra?
Then i recomend you:
A: do a little more homework instead of asking all your questions on a fans forum.
Ask Enke sport about more details of the car, contact Xtrac about gearbox parts availability, price. etc, etc
B: At 20k surely the car is available to test before you buy?
You will then find out the handling characteristics.

I think your choice is an unwise one, i ran an astra coupe in btcc and maintaining the car will cost you lots of money!

At 19 years old with 20k+ to spend, maybe you could look at racing in something that might lead to a better future in motorsport, perhaps a drive in the Ginetta championship on the BTCC support package?
Who knows? if you have any talent you may get noticed and be able to climb the ladder.

VkmSpouge
23rd February 2008, 17:32
I look forward to it then - oh and by the way does anyone have any idea what the handling charactaristics of the Astra are ?????

Maybe James Thompson or Yvan Muller would be able to tell me but im guessing that they do not have MotorsportForums accounts lol.....

I'm guessing testing the car will help you discover the handling characteristics of the car better than chatting to anyone who has previous experience.
That said if you are really desperate to speak to a former driver then Andy Neate, Nick Leason and Erkut Kizilirmak have all raced the Astra coupe before now and are members on this forum.

Iain
23rd February 2008, 19:41
Mr Thompson has an account too. ;) He just hasn't posted since mid-2001 because he was chased away by people who didn't like him very much. :p :

Cansiz79
24th February 2008, 00:15
Thanks for the help, I will enquire about a test or maybe enter (as earlier sugessted) a different approach like the Ginettas etc.

anyways I look forward to the 2008 season and hope that you do to!!!

Cheers,
Tim Cansiz

Allyc85
24th February 2008, 01:03
What ever happens, good luck and keep us updated :)

thompp
25th February 2008, 13:43
Mr Thompson has an account too. ;) He just hasn't posted since mid-2001 because he was chased away by people who didn't like him very much. :p :

I'm still here! Oh sorry, you meant James........

Eurotech
25th August 2008, 21:56
Did You Get The Car?