PDA

View Full Version : Two more rumors from AR1

mlj
17th February 2008, 05:38
quote's from Auto Racing1

Champ Car to file for bankruptcy to facilitate merger UPDATE #10 As this rumor bounces back and forth between a go and a no-go for the merger, today we heard from three different sources that the deal is done.

02/15/08 We are hearing that Champ Car employees were told to CONTINUE, not resume (i.e. they never stopped), work on the 2008 season and that an ex-Champ Car official has suddenly quit the Andretti Green Racing IRL team and could possibly be returning to Champ Car. Could this be another sign the merger is off for 2008 and will instead happen in 2009 like it should?

Cart750hp
17th February 2008, 06:07
Rumor or not, why don't we all just wait and see what'll happen.

Time is running out for 2008 merger, but we dont know what is happening behind close doors. Like I said, although KK is claiming "there's no merger" everyday, I don't trust him and I never bought his words. He only say what he wants us to know but never I expected him to tell us what really is going on. But when he says a word, you can tell it's a BS from a mile.

All I can say is that the longer CC is runned by these clowns, the worse the series gets. No new CEO, executives or ever a marketing guy can make any changes to how KK/GF/PG/DP run their company. Tony Cotman was a good example. Tony don't need to say that his hands were tied working in CC; we know. I'll be just waiting for that time when these clowns have finally given up and hand this series over to someone who's more determined than they are. Honestly, I'd take TG over these guys from what I've seen in the past 4 years.

I don't read rumors and watch a non-sense update number just to see how is going on in CC. I read articles from ESPN, Speed, Yahoo, Fox and IndyStar; which in most cases, none about CC.

Let's see how long CC lasts in 2008. Expect cancelled venues for 08.

ShiftingGears
17th February 2008, 06:29
quote's from Auto Racing1

Champ Car to file for bankruptcy to facilitate merger UPDATE #10 As this rumor bounces back and forth between a go and a no-go for the merger, today we heard from three different sources that the deal is done.

02/15/08 We are hearing that Champ Car employees were told to CONTINUE, not resume (i.e. they never stopped), work on the 2008 season and that an ex-Champ Car official has suddenly quit the Andretti Green Racing IRL team and could possibly be returning to Champ Car. Could this be another sign the merger is off for 2008 and will instead happen in 2009 like it should?

I'd question how reliable AR1 is in reporting those rumours based on the partiality of that statement in bald.

PSfan
17th February 2008, 07:44
I'd question how reliable AR1 is in reporting those rumours based on the partiality of that statement in bald.

So your saying, if there is no merger in 08, there shouldn't be one in 09 either?

ShiftingGears
17th February 2008, 07:53
So your saying, if there is no merger in 08, there shouldn't be one in 09 either?

Not at all.

Chaparral66
17th February 2008, 08:37

My answer is they should target it for 2009.

nanders
17th February 2008, 16:08

"The cat is out of the bag." The CCWS series owners are all thinking about their options right now. And with the money that's on the line you'd almost for sure have to consider the ICS with everything that has been published .... true or not.

Blancvino
17th February 2008, 16:46

Regardless of the final outcome, in my view, the 2008 Champcar season is a TOTAL bust. This ship is listing so badly now I cannot see how it's might be righted to put on a season anyone will follow. If the series limps along until 2009 it looks like what is left will fall under the Grandson's wing. WooHoo!

When does F1 roll off the grid?

OWFan19
17th February 2008, 17:18
Last I heard, from some good guys, they (CC) dont know what is going on. They are talking and weighing the options. Which tells me this isnt done yet. Champ Car might try to give 2008 a go, or try to liquidate as much as they can and race under one roof. My guess you are going to hear something this week.

SarahFan
17th February 2008, 17:46
Tony buys CC....and Runs the 2008 calender

2009 we two divisions and 6 combines events..

you heard it here first race fans

Blancvino
17th February 2008, 18:23

Interesting ...

994ever
17th February 2008, 18:39
Also does nothing to address declining TV viewership & attendence for both sides.

No one has done that for years, what makes you think Tony'd start now?

Chris R
17th February 2008, 18:50

educated guess or inside scoop??

SarahFan
18th February 2008, 16:27
educated guess or inside scoop??

Fantasy...mine

NYHF
18th February 2008, 16:37

And what cars/engines are they going to use?

SarahFan
18th February 2008, 16:41
And what cars/engines are they going to use?

you guys/gals crack me up....

the above is exactly what ails AOWR......

NYHF
18th February 2008, 16:45
Care to explain that comment?

SarahFan
18th February 2008, 16:50
Care to explain that comment?

penny pinching gets you 0.4's...

build your series and team owners, drivers, sponsors and manufactures will spend what it takes to win

Turn-In
18th February 2008, 17:59
penny pinching gets you 0.4's...

build your series and team owners, drivers, sponsors and manufactures will spend what it takes to win

Not when no one cares. Who cares if you have just invested millions of dollars in winning a series that no one cars about....that is what has been plaguing open wheel.

Ruben Barrios
18th February 2008, 19:36
"Not when no one cares"

No one cares because it's not even on the radar.... hence if you spend money...!!!

indycool
18th February 2008, 20:51
It's pretty easy to start a rumor right now and pretty easy for media people to think a mere small statement from somebody leads to grandiose things in an effort to get the story first, which is their jobs.

But more important than all the speculation are a few facts:

1) Everyone on both sides has shut up about anything to do with a deal.

2) Therefore, one must assume that something's is still "alive" at this point, or each would announce to their own competitors that it came unglued and prepare for the season as announced.

3) We can speculate all we want but we have no clue what that "something" is.

4) A long weekend with the focus on the Daytona 500 is a good way to get some work done without being bothered too much.

Time will tell if and when the fat lady sings, and what tune it is. When it's done, one way or the other, her mike will be turned on.

Hoop-98
18th February 2008, 22:25
It's pretty easy to start a rumor right now and pretty easy for media people to think a mere small statement from somebody leads to grandiose things in an effort to get the story first, which is their jobs.

2) Therefore, one must assume that something's is still "alive" at this point, or each would announce to their own competitors that it came unglued and prepare for the season as announced.

4) A long weekend with the focus on the Daytona 500 is a good way to get some work done without being bothered too much.

Time will tell if and when the fat lady sings, and what tune it is. When it's done, one way or the other, her mike will be turned on.

So when she steps up to the mic, Mike gets turned on :)

Chaparral66
18th February 2008, 23:43

I would agree that the Daytona 500 shifted the racing media's focus for bit, allowing the two open wheel series to make some progress. According to ESPN.com, (linked to elsewhere on this forum), progress is being made, but there are still major issues to be worked out. I don't know how anyone expected otherwise. Trying to bring together two series who been in conflict fpr 13 years is not going to be easy. I just hope TG really means it this time and KK and group will keep their heads.

SarahFan
19th February 2008, 07:41
Not when no one cares. Who cares if you have just invested millions of dollars in winning a series that no one cars about....that is what has been plaguing open wheel.

exactly...

nigelred5
19th February 2008, 15:52
I'd be very content to see both series run their schedules as planned for 08 with both sides compelled to run the non-conflicting events as a combined field. It has been said there are enough IRL chassis and engines to go around for oval events, and an equivalency with HP could be worked out to match the engine outputs for the combined roadcourse events since I seriously doubt anyone will be purchasing new DP01's this year. It seems the major schedule stumbling blocks are Long Beach/Motegi and the qualifying weekend at Indy. I just find it hard to believe Honda won't change the Motegi date even a week to accomodate Long Beach if it facilitates a reunification.