PDA

View Full Version : Milka at D&R?

Ironman
16th February 2008, 09:03
I've got word that Milka Duno is expected to sign with D&R for the second car there as of this past week. Also Vision has taken delivery of two Dallaras in the box and expects at least two more, possibly four for any teams that might need them at the last minute.

infoxicated
16th February 2008, 10:57
Sure you did. ;)

Ironman
16th February 2008, 18:37
Yes I did. Adrian Sussman has been shoping a deal for her with various teams to do 11 races this year. She will skip Milwaukee, Richmond, Japan, Iowa, and Kentucky. My friend at Vision explained that they were taking on an inventory of 4-6 Dallaras in case there needed by CC teams.

geek49203
24th February 2008, 17:01
Milka's a perfect modern Indy car driver...

- has cash in hand
- very good looking
- wonderful with fans, especially kids
- loved by her team
- very press-friendly

The problem, of course, is that she doesn't (yet?) have the talent to run in the IRL. She might get there, but her sponsor didn't allow her to run IPS or Atlantics, so she's trying to learn in the IRL. This would be like a high school basketball star being thrown into a pro team. Like that high school star, the jury is still out on the ability to come up to speed.

Uh, who are Milka's PR people nowadays? Is Laura gone?

Hiryu
24th February 2008, 19:40
I've got word that Milka Duno is expected to sign with D&R for the second car there as of this past week. Also Vision has taken delivery of two Dallaras in the box and expects at least two more, possibly four for any teams that might need them at the last minute.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Ironman
25th February 2008, 15:39
Confirmed today.

http://www.racetechmag.com/news/newsstorycrash.asp?id=160041&menu=3

bblocker68
25th February 2008, 15:41
Will she be wearing a bathing suit??

Yes, I'm kidding!

jimispeed
25th February 2008, 15:48
I don't find her pretty. Too much plastic surgery.

Hope she doesn't hurt any other drivers out there!!

fan-veteran
25th February 2008, 16:31
Eh...well, she is cute :p , even managed to crash at Indy500 ....

Ruben Barrios
25th February 2008, 16:35
No problem, she'll fade in the back, get out of harms way and finnaly crash out...

garyshell
25th February 2008, 16:54
Where is Ashley Judd when we need her?

Gary

Dr. Krogshöj
25th February 2008, 18:52
Not that I become a full right IndyCar fan, I can finally express my huge dissapointment over Milka Duno racing in the series.

DBell
25th February 2008, 19:31

Just a reality check to show the unification is only a start. The same problems for OW are still present with some drivers who bring a large check and a lack of talent getting a ride. I really was hoping we would avoid another Mika sighting.

garyshell
25th February 2008, 20:47
I really was hoping we would avoid another Mika sighting.

A Mika sighting would be a good thing, a Milka sighting is quite another.

Sorry, I just could NOT resist a good "Ed McMahon" style setup.

Gary

Lousada
25th February 2008, 21:12
Hopefully there will be enough cars to allow bumping at normal races. Or maybe they can now set a minimum performance limit.

CCFanatic
25th February 2008, 21:20
Hopefully there will be enough cars to allow bumping at normal races. Or maybe they can now set a minimum performance limit.

F1 style pre-1991? Why though. You still have only about 24 cars, and back in the day, people complained that was a small car count.

tbyars
25th February 2008, 21:28
Just a reality check to show the unification is only a start. The same problems for OW are still present with some drivers who bring a large check and a lack of talent getting a ride. I really was hoping we would avoid another Mika sighting.

IMO, the difference this year will be the number of cars on the track to begin with. I may be all wet, but I see BB or TC being MUCH quicker to pull the plug on Milka this year than last. I think they will be looking very closely at her during qualifying and practice, even, and not allowing her to take the green at all if she doesn't show the necessary level of skill.

Hopefull, before she signed, the IndyCar folks made that real clear to the D&R folks.

That being said, Robbie cold be a very good driving coach for her.

Breeze
25th February 2008, 22:35

Inasmuchas racing has long been a rich gentleman's sport, ride buying has been and will likely be for a long time to come, a part of the sport. The good news is it give us armchair drivers something to bitch about on race weekends. :p At least Milka brings a nice figure and charming personality with her money. :up:

fan-veteran
25th February 2008, 23:23
But who knows? Maybe Milka has got better and will win Indy500?, who knows....

CCFan
25th February 2008, 23:23
IMO, the difference this year will be the number of cars on the track to begin with. I may be all wet, but I see BB or TC being MUCH quicker to pull the plug on Milka this year than last. I think they will be looking very closely at her during qualifying and practice, even, and not allowing her to take the green at all if she doesn't show the necessary level of skill.

Hopefull, before she signed, the IndyCar folks made that real clear to the D&R folks.

That being said, Robbie cold be a very good driving coach for her.

Do you think that they could really do that, tbyars? After all, they set a precedent by letting her run last year. I think that this year she would have to show an obvious decline in competance for them to deny her.

tbyars
26th February 2008, 00:51
Do you think that they could really do that, tbyars?

Yes, I do.

After all, they set a precedent by letting her run last year. I think that this year she would have to show an obvious decline in competance for them to deny her.

Last year was last year with a minimal number of cars on track. There will be far more cars on track this year and that won't be a problem.

garyshell
26th February 2008, 01:29
Do you think that they could really do that, tbyars? After all, they set a precedent by letting her run last year. I think that this year she would have to show an obvious decline in competance for them to deny her.

Didn't they pull her from a race or two last year when she was over her head?

Gary

Alexamateo
26th February 2008, 02:12
Didn't they pull her from a race or two last year when she was over her head?

Gary

She was entered at Nashville but withdrew after a practice crash and DNF'd at Iowa and Richmond because of "Handling". I thought I heard they pulled her at Michigan, but it's listed as "Mechanical"

Easy Drifter
26th February 2008, 19:30
Handling is often the polite way of saying 'get off the track'.

HoustonCartFan
26th February 2008, 20:56
Milka needs a year or 2 in Atlantics or IPS.

Doesn't Citgo have another option for a driver to sponsor?

DBell
27th February 2008, 03:47
Inasmuchas racing has long been a rich gentleman's sport, ride buying has been and will likely be for a long time to come, a part of the sport.

True enough, but it seems to me that she is way below the standard that should be turned loose on an oval. She came in last year with no OW experience and no oval experience.