PDA

View Full Version : NCTS Result

racingrivalsDOT
16th February 2008, 03:48
Win for Bodine, Kyle Busch second... full result to come...

racingrivalsDOT
16th February 2008, 03:57
Todd Bodine took the lead on Lap 84, and held off a charge from Kyle Busch and Johnny Benson to win the Chevy Silverado 250 on Friday night at Daytona International Speedway.

Busch and Benson tried to pass Bodine coming out of Turn 4 in the final lap, but neither could get enough speed to catch Bodine, who took the checkered flag by .08 seconds in front of Busch for his 13th Truck Series victory.

Benson started the race 35th, but brought home a third-place finish. David Starr came home fourth and Rick Crawford finished fifth.

Bodine grabbed the lead for good on the final pit stop of the night, which came under green on Lap 84. Polesitter Erik Darnell beat Bodine off of pit road after the stop, but Bodine accelerated immediately and took the lead.

The next lap, Darnell thought he had a wheel coming off, so he slowed down to enter pit road, but Justin Marks, who was in third, didn't see Darnell slow and they hit each other, ending Darnell's night.

For a time, there was a concern if enough trucks would be running at the finish. The carnage started on Lap 20 when Mike Skinner and Brendan Gaughan bumped collecting six other trucks including Jon Wood, Chad Chaffin, Ted Musgrave, Matt Crafton and P.J. Jones who rode out the crash with flames pouring out of his No. 63 Ford.

That crashed forced a red flag so officials could clean up the track.

Then on Lap 23, the first lap under green, five more trucks found trouble as Mike Bliss, Colin Braun, Terry Cook, Joey Clanton and Justin Marks got together bringing out a 10-lap caution period.

Defending Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday's night ended early when on Lap 44, his No. 33 Chevrolet started smoking and Hornaday had to bring the truck directly to the garage.

Erin Crocker finished 14th, after heading into the final lap in 7th place before being hit from behind. She kept the car from hitting the wall and still managed to come home in front of some other cars. Good solid job in a very poor truck.

Sparky1329
16th February 2008, 05:04
In a classy move Kyle Busch took responsibilty for the Lap #20 wreck. He apologized to his fellow competitiors for ruining their night. I can't believe I'm posting something positive about Da Shrub. :D

tstran17_88
17th February 2008, 16:19
I can't believe I'm posting something positive about Da Shrub. :D H - E - double hockey sticks must have froze over? :laugh: Just need to get you to say something positive about the driver of the Blue Deuce now!