Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

F1 Guru Adrian Newey leave Redbull

I think we saw this one coming, didn't we? Like it was for McLaren in their boardroom battle in 2009 onwards, that decimated the potential of the team, and the consequential departure of key staff. Redbull is playing out that same scenario. We watch in awe as this great team starts the process of imploding as it highlights the ever-increasing void that Dietrich Mateschitz has left behind.
    As with McLaren, it started with one key figure departing and many others followed while they were still highly desired resources to other teams.

The burning question is where is Newey going to end up? I don't see him going to a customer team like Aston Martin, but anything is possible in F1. The only teams that l think would have the appeal to attract him are Ferrari, Mercedes, or Audi. Would Adrian be interested in a startup team? I think that would be a younger man's sort of project. Is Mercedes without Hamilton or a proven championship-winning driver going to be interesting to him, l wonder.

Mercedes might be a possibility if Verstappen is also going there. It is hard to see him going anywhere else other than Ferrari. That seems to be a perfect setup for a victory lap before bowing out of the F1 circus.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th April 2024 at 16:12.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare