I had this reply from Rally Journal re sources and credits:

Thank you for your feedback.

We always cite the original source if the article is borrowed from another media.

If you are referring to the article published this morning about Cyril Abiteboul's comments, then we have acted correctly. Our reporter was present at the same interview that Autosport and Motorsport.com had previously written their articles on. This time it happened that Autosport and Motorsport.com had published Tom Howard's article earlier.

Sometimes, it has occurred that we have published an article first from a similar interview, and later Autosport/Motorsport.com or DirtFish have published their own pieces. This is quite normal practice.

I must also mention that we are very good acquaintances with Tom Howard from Autosport/Motorsport.com, as we, like him, attend all the rounds of the World Rally Championship. Just recently in Portugal, he came up to me and thanked us for correctly citing the original source when it was his own piece.

I know that many smaller sites fail to mention their sources. We do not operate like that. However, it's good to receive feedback on this matter, so we can clarify things as well.

Best regards,

Toni Heinonen / RallyJournal.com / Rallit.fi